overall

RATINGS: 1755   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 20, 2003
This is supposed to be a bock? Anyway, it is very thin-bodied, and not very malty at all. I would say it is much more wheaty and yeasty than anything else.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
FtWorthBrew (105) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - AUG 19, 2003
Shiner should be the offical beer of Texas. If you can find it outside of Texas try one. Heavier than most beers in its price range. Malty caramel flavor makes it unique. A must-try!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 19, 2003
It's like the Yeungling of Texas. It not that good but its not bad its just home and its everywhere.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jsquire (3614) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - AUG 15, 2003
Deep amber color with big bubbles and no head to speak of. Sweet, malty nose. Flavor is mostly malt, with lots of caramel sweetness. It is a little watery, but that makes it all the more chuggable. Not a great beer, but I can drink it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BBB63 (6299) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - AUG 12, 2003
My "reminds me of Texas" beer. The Lone Star state's session beer, okay on a hot summer day for it is moderately refreshing and not very filling. Light amber hue with minimal head retention. Candy malt and zesty hop aroma. Taste is rather bland but not offensive. Thin to medium-bodied with a watery and lively mouthfeel. Like I stated, an session beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
notalush (5124) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 10, 2003
Can someone say "the bud of bocks?" - because I sure can - I had this in a country music bar, which naturally made me want to get drunk as quickly as possible, but I could stilll hardly bring myself to drink this stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hopscotch (9840) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 10, 2003
Pleasantly surprised! Crystal clear mohogany lager. Small, fizzy white head. The aroma is very vineous and tart. Lemon and cabernet. Smells a bit like a geueze, actually. Malty flavor with bold shots of beef broth and tawny port. A touch tart and astringent. Well-balanced. Medium-bodied with a silky mouthfeel and fizzy carbonation. Short, dry finish with a touch of clover. I guess I'll go way against the grain here and say that I really dig this beer!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BtownBrewer (91) - Belchertown, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 10, 2003
Thick sticky looking off-white head. Medium brownish-red to copper color. Very light on body. Now, I've been under the horrible misconception for years that a bock was close to a stout in style: dark, thick, full bodied, etc. Can't explain how it happened, but I'm set straight now. Also, I'd had some not-so-great beers on the same night I had this, and my initial reaction (when combined with my lack of knowing what a real bock should be) was that this wasn't all that bad. A little time and consideration made me realize that it wasn't all that good either. I've since questioned how much better it really is from Bud, but I have none left to do a side-by-side comparison. Maybe it's for the best.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
TogBean (47) - Belchertown, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 5, 2003
Sorry I tried this one. I've had a hate, hate relationship with bananas since I was a child. Something to do with ear infection medication. And Banana was the first thing I smelled with this one. it also had hints of caramel and coffe but I had a real hard time with the few sips that I had. This ones not makin it into my house again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - AUG 4, 2003
Nice carmel color, with week scent of malt; thin body little taste; left no real impression...