overall

RATINGS: 1715   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUN 22, 2002
I drank a whole bunch of this on tap last night, itís not great but it was better than anything else that they had at the bar.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
smc12399 (25) - Tennessee, USA - JUN 20, 2002
Not overly impressive. I think it is a trendy thing right now.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
bluerex99 (1) - USA - JUN 20, 2002 does not count

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
MrRomero (1975) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 16, 2002
I donít know but I think I have had Club Soda that had more flavor than this. I had a 25oz Bass Ale beforehand and subsequently could not taste anything from this beer. Disappointing. Never again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
FlemishChar (224) - Virginia, USA - JUN 14, 2002
I donít think itís really a bock.. tastes more like a slightly watery fest/marzen.. quite similar to Negra Modelo actually, but slightly worse. If itís all they have, Iíll drink it with no problem, but itís not something Iíll go out of my way to drink.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 2, 2002
OK, I give this brewery points for trying, though I really donít care for their bock much. Drank a lot of it in Austin, TX and am glad to be rid of it. Itís not as bocky as it could be and has hints of sourness. I agree with DuffManOhYeah, I, too, would rather have an Abita.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 31, 2002
I spend a lot of time in Texas, and Iím never reluctant to drink their official beer. Great taste, dark color, medium to thick body, and rich.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
captspastic (20) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 29, 2002
Itís definitely beer brewed with a Texas attitude. Very good, dark, full bodied beer. Definitely in the Top 10. Can definitely detect a change in taste over the past few years though. Use to be better than it seems to be now.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
aracauna (3055) - Georgia, USA - MAY 21, 2002
Realized I rated it too high after seeing I rated it the same as the better Dogwood Bock. The colors kind of cool, like a well-brewed glass of iced tea. Being a southerner, I can appreciate that. A foamy head dissipates quickly. Nothing spectacular in smell or tast. Itís like most of the macros, but a hell of a lot better.

nxlvlrs99 (17) - Savannah, Georgia, USA - MAY 20, 2002
ok...it is a very ordinary beer....but if you have seen the movie ífandangoí as much as me and my friends have you would hold it in as high a reguard as we do.... itís a priveledge of youth thing...