overall

RATINGS: 1701   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 6, 2002
It wasn’t the best bock that I ever had, but then again it could have been a little bit colder. I think it would have been better if it would have been colder.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Nate (3636) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2002
Reminded me of a watered down Yuengling lager. Very disappointing for a bock beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
tbookman (618) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 25, 2002
Dissapointing - rather bland & kind of acidic. Slightly skunky nose, rather flat. Just not a good beer...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
groovinhigh (170) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - APR 22, 2002
Had it on tap and was not very impressed. Better than the normal american mass brewed swill, so I guess it has it’s place in the world...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Got Stout? (173) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 22, 2002
A rancid brew at the wrong temperature, but a wonderful one at the right. A smooth, not-too-bold-for-anyone first drink is accompanied by a nutty and wholesome finish. My Austrian grandmother loves this...!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - APR 21, 2002
Although not a great beer, I definitely like this beer....and I’m not even from Texas.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
JFGrind (1835) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 17, 2002
A widely available beer that is not too close to a true bock beer, but easy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
Intaglio599 (3) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 15, 2002 does not count
I really like this beer, although I might be a bit biased as I’m from Texas and it’s pretty much the drink of choice at all the various social events.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
trentsims99 (2) - Texas, USA - APR 14, 2002 does not count

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - APR 10, 2002
I keep going back and forth with this beer. As a teen, I loved it. It was the first beer I ever really enjoyed. Nothing goes with tending the pit or eating Texas brisket like a cold Shiner Bock. Once I started getting into better beers I realized that Shiner isnt that good of a beer. It comes off as skunky and lacking character when compared to other types of beer. It doesn’t even taste lock a bock. Now, after touring the little brewery in Shiner, I cannot turn my back on this beer. It will always be welcome in my fridge, with a place next to Belgium’s finest or anything Sam Smith makes. Damn Texan pride!