Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 400   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Here in Shiner, TX (pop. 2,070), we’re suckers for tradition. Which is why this classic Oktoberfest brew is made with the highest quality two-row barley, Munich and caramel malts, along with German grown Hallertau Tradition and Hersbrucker hops. It’s our way of honoring our ancestors and the beer they loved to celebrate with. So raise your stein to tradition and enjoy this utterly classic brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
bhensonb (12795) - Woodland, California, USA - SEP 4, 2010
Bottle from Total Wine in Roseville, CA. Pours light amber with a foamy off-white head. Sort of a burnt caramel aroma. Medium body with frothy carbonation. Flavor is pretty much scorched caramel with a little grassy hop. It’s drinkable, but it’s not to die for.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
aenimopiate (176) - The United States of Texas, Texas, USA - SEP 4, 2010
I picked this one up just to give it a try, as I usually enjoy a good marzen style beer. I wasn’t all that impressed by the outcome, but I do have to applaud Shiner for continuing to experiment and release new styles every now and again. This one just made me miss the 99(that one was pretty good).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
RasterMaster (258) - , Oklahoma, USA - SEP 4, 2010
Golden copper pour into thick pillowy off white head that slowly dissipates into sticky lacing that melts into a ring of foamy bubbles. Aroma of sweet malts and yeasty bread. Initial flavor of sweet toasty malt that fades int a slighly hoppy finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Finhead (1408) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - SEP 3, 2010
A clear copper pour with white head and good lacing. The aroma caramel and bready malt mixed with a hint of hops. The taste begins crisp with a semi-sweet flavor and finishes smooth and clean. Its a little on the light side.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
unclemattie (4358) - Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2010
12oz twist-off bottle. This is the new Shiner Oktoberfest. Not the old label Shiner 96. Copper color, thin tan head. Aroma of sweet malts. Flavor of caramel malts and nice woody hops. Finishes sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Nena (963) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 31, 2010
Bubbly orange amber pour with a thick white head. Aroma is doughy and bready, earthy, grassy. After sipping, the main flaw that hit me was a metallic taste, though this fades into the background very quickly. Body is light and also tastes doughy and bready, with a crisp spicy, earthy hop bite. A slightly vegetal character came forward as it sat on my tongue. An imperfect beer, but still very likable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
SphinxTX (2876) - Mata Gorda, Texas, USA - AUG 29, 2010
Bottle...Pours an amber/orange with fizzy white head. Aroma has some grain, a bit of spice, faint caramel. Flavor seems to be off, hard to identify but seems to taste very metallic and grainy with notes of alkaline, spice, not enjoyable to me. Mouth feel is light body and high carbonation. Overall, I just did not enjoy this beer and I normally love Marzen’s....I was very disappointed. Just a note, I purchased the beer at other locations and it all taste the same to me. Perhaps I just do not like the "Hop Profile" in this brew...sorry....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dimenhetfield (2487) - , Florida, USA - AUG 29, 2010
This one didn’t do a whole lot for me, so I didn’t bother taking notes. But I can remember it being a little smokey. Will have to try again with proper notes.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
nick76 (4315) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 28, 2010
The aroma is a bit dirty with dish water, adjunct malts, toffee, grassy hops, and a touch of yeast. The appearance is light amber with a nice head that fades fast. The taste is like the aroma and not the best. The palate is smooth. Overall not one of the best of it’s style.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
SSSteve (3993) - - AUG 28, 2010
12oz bottle. clear bronze with small white head. aroma is quite pale. flavor has some peanut brittle notes but not very robust. light with tingly carbonation.