overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 411   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Here in Shiner, TX (pop. 2,070), we’re suckers for tradition. Which is why this classic Oktoberfest brew is made with the highest quality two-row barley, Munich and caramel malts, along with German grown Hallertau Tradition and Hersbrucker hops. It’s our way of honoring our ancestors and the beer they loved to celebrate with. So raise your stein to tradition and enjoy this utterly classic brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ben4321 (5552) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAY 14, 2009
UPDATED: AUG 17, 2011 Location: 12 oz bottle from Colonial Wine and Spirits, 8/17/11

Aroma: The nose is sweet malts, caramel, biscuit, grain, and some earth
Appearance: The pour is a mostly clear golden-orange color with a frothy off-white head
Flavor: The taste is similar to the nose, fairly sweet and malty, with a light earth hop finish
Palate: The body is fairly light, with a fairly lively/fizzy mouthfeel, and sticky finish
Overall Impression: Overall, I had this rating pretty much dead on. There isn’t too much for me to change with regards to the score (I’ll leave it at 2.9), but I felt it needed an update from the overall description perspective.

Overall Impression: A decent representation of the style. Haven’t had it in a while, but I drank it a few times back in the day. It’s a good malty but slightly balanced Marzen.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
milljam (682) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - FEB 10, 2009
UPDATED: AUG 20, 2010 This was a fair representation of a Marzen....better than some more prominent craft brewers around the country. Clear, straw-amber pour with white head. Aroma and flavor are typical of a Marzen, mainly malt with just a hint of hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SamAdams777 (37) - Abilene or Stephenville, Texas, USA - AUG 20, 2008
Its been so long since Ive had this beer, I really cant put it to words, but its the best beer Shiner ever made. I wish when they come out with their 100, they would throw this out on the market again. I hope its as good as I remember.

btbullard (8) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2008 does not count
Maybe the best SHINER yet. Too bad you can’t get it ever again. Proud to say I got a few before they were gone.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
AmEricanbrew (6656) - Same Trailer, Different Park, Louisiana, USA - FEB 7, 2008
Clear amber with a rocky 2" head. Mild, but nice smell of biscuity malts. Medium bodied. Mild flavor of lightly sweet malts with a lightly bitter, dry finish. A good summer time pounder here. 012806

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
snargles (23) - wouldntyouliketoknow, Maine, USA - NOV 5, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2007 By far the best Shiner I’ve had..the 97 is an o.k. black lager,the 98 is decent..but they stumbled upon a minor masterpiece w/this one a few years back to open their annvrsry line... a sweet,almost spicy maple flavor that was truly original.Here’s hoping they bring this back full-time,it puts the rest of their output to shame

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
wshores (58) - Saltillo, Texas, USA - SEP 11, 2007
Another I still have a bottle of, but for some reason I dont have any notes on it. I remember it a light nice colored beer but not one of my favorites from shiner.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
kp (10884) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 17, 2009
Date: May 25, 2007
Mode: Bottle
Source: Tasting
Appearance: hazy amber, fine white head
Aroma: sweet munich malt aroma with earthy hops
Body: medium body
Flavor: rich malt flavor, nice caramel sweetness balanced by light earthy bitterness
Aroma: 6/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 6/10; Palate: 6/10; Overall: 11/20
Rating: 2.9/5.0
Drinkability: 6/10
Score: *4

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
HueyBryan (40) - Rotan, Texas, USA - AUG 24, 2007
(Over a year ago..) What I remember about this beer was its nice aroma and a hint of sweetness, followed by a faint caramel aftertaste. I hope when they hit 100 they bring these back as regular yearly tradition.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
craupe (2) - Town of the Cow, Texas, USA - JUL 3, 2007 does not count
Good thing it is only a limited edition. Shiner would not be a popular brand if all there brews tasted like this one.