overall

RATINGS: 963   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Bottle: Filtered.
This light copper single hop India Pale Ale is brewed only with the Fuggles hops. It has a smooth, dry, and crisp flavor with floral aroma and apple plum palate.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Kaya161 (1128) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 28, 2003
Golden-orange colour. Moderate hop aroma. Pleasant bitterness throughout. Some pine flavours with hints of cedar. Ok, rather one dimensional, but I guess that is the concept of the one hop IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
GreatStelle (363) - Chico, California, USA - AUG 27, 2003
Not bad IPA. I taste apple, caramel. I thought it was a bit light in the hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 24, 2003
a very good ipa. this ipa was strong and flavorful with out being offensive (overly hoppy). This might actaully be good enough to casually drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
joeycapps (1468) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 4, 2003
Pale orange-copper. decent white head. Caramel, orange, & apricot on the nose. Medium body. Orange bubblegum & apricot flavour. Good malt background. Finish is long & somewhat earthy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
chronictonic (473) - Oreland, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 1, 2003
Decent English style IPA. Definitely more consevative than the big US IPAs.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
MaBeer1972 (1288) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 27, 2003
This IPA is hoppy, yet not as "flowery" as many others. Probably among the more drinkable IPAs I've tried.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 23, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 5, 2003 What a strange IPA; I really like it; the uniqueness is so alluring. The malt is apparent, its well roasted, and healthily balanced with the hopps. The hopps adds dryness to the beer, a citric, oily dryness, hint’s of pine, a slightly woody aroma and flavor. The bitterness is fitting for my tastes. I was pessimistic going into drinking this IPA, but it turned out to be a pleasant experience.
I’m not a hop-head but beers like this may convert me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
celogan (201) - Oroville, California, USA - JUL 23, 2003
Not too bad. Seemed to have hints of malt and some fruityness I couldn't put my finger on. Slight bitter finish and if there is such a thing as an "afterfinish" a hint of oilyness but not bad at all. Good refreshing drink that I'm not sorry for getting. Poured a copper color with little head but nice lacing along the way. Not the best IPA by a long shot, but not the worse either.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dberger624 (1028) - Phila, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 22, 2003
Thanks to Mabdoney for this bottle. Well I guess fuggles hops makes a beer bitter. That's what happened to this beer. Bitterness wasn't bad in the beginning but at the end it became a little overpowering which made me not enjoy this beer that much.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
TheBeerGod (5229) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - JUL 21, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 22, 2003 Nice amber body with a hoppy and malty nose. Having never had singled out Fuggles hops, I was not sure how it was. I must say that the taste was phenomenal. Crisp body and a malty but hoppy finish. Smooth and tasty beer. Can't wait to have this again. Great beer!