overall

RATINGS: 1229   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

cazort's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
cazort (552) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 10, 2012
This disappointed. Fairly light in character, crisp. I notice coriander and citrus in the aroma, and other characteristics typical of wheat beers. Initially pleasant to drink, but the aroma lacks complexity, has a certain one-dimensionality. Easy to drink and not bad, but uninteresting.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
Cool_Bond (1754) - Kung av ÷l @ Facebook, SWEDEN - MAR 25, 2015
A little scent. The taste is of orange and citrus. Weak bitterness in the aftertaste that fills the upper part of the mouth to a weak moment. Even the taste of chlorine. But it may be that the glass came out of the dishwasher when I got the beer. Useless beer! Follow me @ Kung av Ųl @ Facebook for more pictures and ratings.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
DSG (7456) - Tel Aviv, ISRAEL - MAR 16, 2015
[2/16/15] Draught at Cameronís Inn in Half Moon Bay. Served with a lemon wedge. Cloudy orange. Aroma of coriander, orange and lemon. Spicy flavor with wheat, graininess and citrus. Pretty light-bodied.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
xPwn (2) - Berlin, GERMANY - MAR 16, 2015 does not count
I am no expert on beer. I just started drinking it maybe once or twice a week to try the different ones. Let me be clear when I say this, itís horrible. If you want something with a distinct and inviting flavor, throw this away. It really tastes like grain and socks. After drinking this, my mouth is really dry. Get some good beer from Europe that isnít brewed by InBev if you want to enjoy your alcoholic drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Raistlin (158) - London, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 13, 2015
Aroma- Has a nice mix of citrus and grass, not overwhelming Appearance- A murky golden yellow with a medium sized white head. Taste- Has a nice flavor of wheat and a slight citrus backdrop Palate- A light bodied brew with medium carbonation that has a crisp finish. Really liked this beer. Extremely refreshing and citrus hits a perfect balance between sweetness and bitterness.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
721Lance (60) - Oceanside Ca, California, USA - MAR 11, 2015
Someone in group bought a pitcher of this for us at The Draft in Oceanside. I do not know what this stuff is other that dirty socks and grain. I have heard people call this craft. How do people drink this in SD with all the great beers out there?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
CuzImHoppy (9) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 9, 2015 does not count
Orange colored, medium head. Citrus aroma and sweet taste. A little plain, not much character besides the obvious orange flavor. Not bad for a simple Belgian but also nothing very original about its flavor/aroma

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Leykis101 (1) - - FEB 25, 2015 does not count
I purchased a 12 pack sampler of Shock Top. Opened the first Belgian White and when I poured it into a glass, it had lots of sedimentation/trub/or infection. Smell was off and so I tossed it. Opened a second one, it seemed ok. Smell and taste was lightly hopped with citrus notes. Color was a traditional haze indicative of a hefe. Overall, Fair representation of the style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ordybill (382) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - FEB 21, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. Aroma- Has a nice mix of citrus and grass, not overwhelming Appearance- A murky golden yellow with a medium sized white head. Taste- Has a nice flavor of wheat and a slight citrus backdrop Palate- A light bodied brew with medium carbonation that has a crisp finish Overall- Not a bad beer, middle of the road.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Dr_Fellini (701) - Norfolk, Virginia, USA - FEB 14, 2015
Draft at the norva. A little dark to see the color, but cloudy, oranish, off-white head. Aroma is orange peel, wheat. Flavor is wheaty, citrus, belgian yeast. Goes down easy, but overall not much to write home about. But would you expect anything more?

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
beer_rookie (43) - Arkansas, USA - FEB 14, 2015
Okay wow. I like unfiltered wheat beers a lot, but this this, this... is not one of them. I have friends that turn their noses at the mention of wheat bee. If this had been my first experience with it, I think I would be right there with them.........I reserve the word íaromaí for things like apple pie in the oven and honeysuckles. The ísmellí of this beer is slightly orange, and slightly honey. There is nothing aromatic about it. It rates a little higher than burning leaves,....It does however have a good appearance. It is cloudy and looks like it will be a good beer. I think it has sort of a lemony color, but that ísmellí may be burning my eyes....It tastes okay. Itís not great, but itís not terrible. But more so, it makes me want to hurry up and move on to something else....Mouthfeel is odd. It tastes silky. It is very thin, almost flat....Overall, itís not a great beer. Iíve had other Shock Tops that I like better Label mentions citrus peel flavor, but Iím not getting much of that. This beer is quite a let down.