overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 219   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.35   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Belgian-Style wheat beer brewed with spices and with natural lemonade flavor added.

1guywith_aboat's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
1guywith_aboat (227) - phenix city, Alabama, USA - MAY 17, 2013
Pours hazy yellow. Small white head thats quickly turns to a ring around the glass. Smells like lemon and bread. Taste is bland lemon and typical big Brewer wheat. A good one if you want to drink alot of them in one sitting. No bitterness. Thin to medium mouthfeel. Poured half of one into my taco meat while cooking. Called them shock em tacos.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Rmorris007 (50) - - SEP 30, 2014
So I know Iím going against everyone elseís reviews about this beer. But my experience with it was a lot different. I had it several times with all you can eat crawfish and wow... very very good pairing. The lemon neutralized the spiciness of the crawfish and I was able to eat about 10 pound and threw back about ten lemon shandys... very good pairing

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
slowrunner77 (5975) - Reno, Nevada, USA - SEP 26, 2014
"Non-offensive, though it was obviously mass produced. With itís prominent lemonade aroma and flavor, it tasted more like a hard lemonade or wine cooler than a beer. any wit characteristics are long gone. that said, itís got itís place as a summer grilling beer. not good, but not bad. :)"

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
GregClow (2902) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 25, 2014
Can from the LCBO. For my review of this beverage, I would first like to dissect its ingredients list. First, I have to ask: Why does there need to be an ingredients list? Is this were a proper all-natural shandy, the ingredients would be simple: beer and lemonade. But instead, there are 8 ingredients listed, several of which I canít pronounce and/or donít know what they are. The first two are "Beer" and "Ale" - wait, arenít they the same thing? Whatís going on here that they need to be listed seperately? Next up is "Sugar" - I know what that is, but have to wonder how much if it was used in order for it to be listed so high up on the list. "Citric Acid" - I guess that will maybe balance the sugar? "Natural Lemonade Flavour" - is this even a thing? Why not just lemon juice? "Acacia Gum" - last I checked this was a thickening agent. So why is it in a liquid? "Modified Coconut Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides)" - shitís starting to get a bit weird now. "Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate" - right, that doesnít sound like something I want to be putting into my body. Oh, I need to drink it now? Well, it doesnít actually look that bad - nice hazy light gold body, small and tight white head. But the aroma - my god, itís like someone doused rubber tires with lemon dishwashing liquid and nail polish remover and then lit them on fire. Just horrendous. The flavour is mercifully a bit better, but the "natural" lemon flavour still has a strong artificial/chemical character to it. Barely a quarter of the way into the glass and it starts to remind me of Neo Citran. And then itís down the drain with the rest of this truly awful "beer"...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
rondphoto (2084) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - SEP 16, 2014
bottle @ Party Town / Florence KY -- Cloudy light amber with a heavy white head, dots of lace. Aroma of lemon. Taste is lemonade with a bit of alcohol edge. So little malt and hops, it hardly qualifies as a beer. My non-drinking wife says she can drink it, which is the worst possible accolade. Not recommended

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
labattslover74 (55) - Florida, USA - SEP 12, 2014
Pours a cloudy gold color with hardly any head. Smell of lemon, bread, and hops. Taste like Budweiser with lemonade added. Not to thrilled with it. Shock Top has given me more pleasant offerings in the past, but this one does not. I wouldnít say I want my 1.69 back, but definitely a one time experience.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
garrison (776) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - SEP 10, 2014
Alright, folks, Iím a bicyclist and I know the origin of shandy - lemonade and beer to boost TDF riders. So... this isnít a bad example of that summer brew, but it needs a stronger and more capable beer base, like the Europeans produce (generally).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cousin_Larry (352) - - SEP 3, 2014
OK, the lemon flavor is so overpowering it seems artificial. But címon Ratebeerians, this isnít a 10th percentile beer. Sure, its target market is not beer connisseurs, but this is decent for what it is - a light sweet summer drink. I donít love it but donít hate it either.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Luvystypotables (702) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 1, 2014
Cloudy yellowish color, no head, moderate carbonation a synthetic lemon aroma. Tastes like lemon soda with a watery feel and a metallic chemically finish. Couldnít bring myself to have a second one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mike5326 (942) - virginia beach, Virginia, USA - AUG 31, 2014
Poured from a can. Clear light yellow color, small white head. Slight sweet sour lemon aroma. Light body with a sweet lemon flavor and a medium finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
wolffish (204) - Quebec, CANADA - AUG 28, 2014
Sous la moyenne, cíest un produit qui semble Ítre aromatisť juste avant líembouteillage tellement les saveurs sont mal amalgamťes. Je níen rachŤterai plus ;(