overall

RATINGS: 305   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.72   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat is a traditional Belgian-style wheat ale brewed with ripe pumpkins and a variety of autumnal spices, including nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, for a refreshingly smooth beer that fully captures all the flavors of fall.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
andyhwcinc (1466) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 6, 2011
I had this while camping out with some friends at the Indiana Dunes State Park. I had this during the night, so I can’t really comment on the appearance. If anything, this tastes like Shock Top but with a slight hint of pumpkin, and when I say slight I mean SLIGHT. I think they just tried to get in on the pumpkin beer season and figured they’d just add a small bit of pumpkin flavoring to their already popular offering. Meh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
johnnyoski (442) - Macomb, Michigan, USA - OCT 6, 2011
Bottle. Pours a cloudy orange color with a short lived, fizzy tan head. Lots of baking spices on the nose...cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and maybe a hint of pumpkin. The spices are not as pronounced in the flavor. I get more of a malty, veggie taste with a grassy, wheat finish. Thinner texture with average carbonation. Not as complex as some of the other pumpkin seasonals but still very drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
demdeac40 (299) - Etowah, North Carolina, USA - OCT 5, 2011
Not sure why I am rating this except that I am trying it. Pours a cloudy orange with a white head that disappears quickly. The nose is slightly vegetal with a strong hit of spice (cinnamon, nutmeg). Very light on the palate with some aspects of spice coming through along with some yeasty components. The spice lingers a touch on the finish. Easy drinking and not much else.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Westmeister (1788) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - OCT 4, 2011
Draft. Dude. This one was surprising in a good way, pours a darker cloudy orange. Smells of spice and wheat. Nice spicy (nutmeg, cinnamon, clove) smell with a good but overdone sweetness. I actually like this one better than half the pumpkins I’ve tried this year.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
nike (967) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 4, 2011
Better than what I expected, but overall, a decent beer, not great. The aroma has a faint pumpkin odor, taste is same…faint pumpkin, cinnamon flavor. Medium body, taste watered down, but has overall shock top taste, just a little spice added to it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (4973) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 3, 2011
Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this beer poured a hazy orange-amber color with a huge foamy orange-white head that lingered and left a bit of lacing. The aroma was faint dry nutmeg, dust and a hint of cinnamon. The flavor was bitter and tart with sourdough bread and faint notes of nutmeg, cinnamon, clove and dust. The finish was medium length dry spices. Medium body. Ok.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
NJBeerman013 (1051) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - OCT 3, 2011
12 oz bottle. AB made a pumpkin that can compete with the micros? Copper in color with a pure white head. Nice spicy aroma with touch of fruit. Well balanced and easy drinking, just heavy enough to be interesting. I think I found an everyday pumpkin for my fall rotation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
cheap (4118) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 3, 2011
Big thanks to my son in law nate for this brew. Smells a little alky, like old lager. A little pumpkin and spice on the taste buds but tastes moslty like other shock tops. Background with a little orange and wheat, very little pumpkin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Finhead (1194) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - OCT 2, 2011
A hazy amber-orange pour with an off-white head. The aroma has wheat, light cinnamon, and faint pumpkin. The medium body has a slick texture with average carbonation. The taste is moderately sweet with a lightly spiced flavor. Put the bias aside, this is a decent fall beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
obxdude10 (2046) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 1, 2011
I got a very small sample of this beer at my local Wegman’s. I didn’t think much of it, knowing that it’s an AB beer. But it really surprised me. This beer was actually pretty decent. I would even consider buying a sixer of it. But I didn’t, because I had my eye on something else for this trip. The beer poured a cloudy copper color with a nice-sized tan head. The nose smelled of light pumpkin, clove, banana, cinnamon and nutmeg. The flavors were fairly well-balanced, with a nice pumpkin note, along with all those other spices I mentioned in the aroma. The beer finished smooth and palatable, with a spicy and earthy flavor.