Brewed by Kumazawa Brewing (Shonan Beer)
Style: German Hefeweizen
Chigasaki, Japan
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
TimE (3105) - Tokyo, JAPAN - APR 22, 2006
Not as cloudy as I expect a hefe to be, there may have been some filtering going on. Nevertheless, the big banana nose, well balanced body and refreshing finish proved it is worth of the style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ilkirk (4) - - SEP 8, 2012 does not count
Tap. I thought this looked the way it should - light golden color with a proper haze to it. I enjoyed the taste, with it medium level of sweetness and fruity notes. I would certainly seek this out again as a hefe / wheat choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Capa (1969) - Manama, BAHRAIN - APR 22, 2007
Sadly, the first thing I noticed was skunk. Poured a slightly cloudy golden orange with a large, creamy, off white head. Aroma is skunk, wheat, spice, and banana. The skunk is upsetting, but once I got past it the banana and spice really stood out. I would like to know what it’s like without the skunk. Flavor is pretty solid, though not amazing. Spicey, yeast, and malt are the major players. Body is smooth and creamy. All in all, a pretty good hefe.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
KyotoLefty (6174) - Kyoto, JAPAN - APR 6, 2009
Bottle. Rich dark gold color, almost amber. Strangely bubbling almost like a lava lamp! Rather weak aroma, I though, with banana and also barley malts. Rich, well-balanced flavor, with sweet banana cake as well as a bit of sour and some bitter to balance well. Relatively thick, rich body. Nicely done.