RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.25/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87   ABV: -
100% Pilsner malt and 4 types of German hops make for an enormously malty start and a strong hop finish with fruity undertones from our lager yeast.

jezmez68's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jezmez68 (395) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - MAY 10, 2014
This is a seasonal, and when it comes around, I always choose it over the normal IPAs or Beltaine that I get at Shoreline. What I always forget is that itís a 9% beer. I think if it were toned down to 7%, that would be good enough for an "imperial" pilsner. Regardless, I still think this is a solid "pilsner" style. Has a nice hop punch and is golden in color like youíd think a strong pilsner to be. Aroma is noble hops and a slight grassiness. Bitter, but proper for the style. Please, Shoreline, would you post your ABV% on your beers? While I donít mind stronger beers, it would be nice to maybe make some flavorful beers that are in the 5%-6% range.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Frank (2814) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 21, 2014
This is a great big and very bitter pils. It has a nice golden color w/ a long-lasting ring of head. The nose is maybe a bit milder than I like for a high-gravity lager w/ just a touch of herbal hop notes. If I am drinking a strong beer, I typically like for it to be big on flavor as well. This is still pretty good though w/ a touch of sweetness that helps pull some citric and floral notes from the hops. It is medium bodied w/ prickly carbonation. There might be a slight touch of a catty character that comes out as it warms but that is relatively minor and doesnít ruin the experience. I donít really see this becoming a runaway favorite or anything but itís a decent enough beer.