olio (4080) - Tampere, FINLAND - JUL 23, 2012
3.9 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20
65 cl bottle @ Hotel room, Mammoth Lakes.
Pours hazy and flaky amber color with large head. Aroma of ripe fruits, hop notes, caramel, toffee, yeast and some spices. Flavor of spices, dark malts, ripe fruits, raisins, hop notes and some yeast, caramel and toffee also. Sweetish and slick caramelly palate with a dryish malty finish. Could probably age well.
Damico (1914) - Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2012
4.3 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 19/20
This pours ruby amber with a sandy white head. The aroma brings sweet and smooth potent malts and hops in the nose, definitely potent. Flavor is so smooth for such big flavors of resin malts and boozy notes, blending big flavors of bigfoot and celebration so well as the pale ale.
Cooperii (61) - California, USA - JUL 2, 2012
4.8 AROMA 10/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 10/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 20/20
Poured a wonderful amber color with a light cream colored head. Smells of toffee and carmel followed by sweet malt and fresh bitter hops. Sweet malty tastes with carmel and hops with undertones of oak. Great beer...relax and enjoy!
wilderthanyou (666) - Guelph, CANADA - JUN 26, 2012
4 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20
Pours a dark manuka honey/amber colour with a short lived off white fizzy cap. The aroma is malty, burnt sugar, toffee, caramel, hops, some orange, and tropical fruit. The flavour is sweet malty toffee, caramel, burnt sugar melts into some hoppy citrus flavours melded with more malty caramel notes, warm alcohol notes play around in the background throughout the whole sip. Slightly syrupy mouthfeel that works. A very enjoyable brew
TipsyMcStager (1114) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 24, 2012
4.4 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 18/20
Pours a cloudy copper/red with nice thick head. Nose is a nice balance of malt, citrus hops. Some vanilla and oak. Silky smooth, creamy palate. Spectacular balance. Piney hop and drying finish. 9.2% alchohol but barely noticeable. Classic.
Ungstrup (26237) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - JUN 19, 2012
3.9 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 15/20
Bottled. A dark amber beer with a lazing yellowish head. The aroma has notes of caramel soup, fresh picked hops, and alcohol. The flavor is sweet with notes of malt, caramel, and alcohol, that bites the palate, leading to a dry alcoholic finish.
rmichero (1) - California, USA - JUN 17, 2012 does not count
4.5 AROMA 9/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 17/20
A very special barleywine/ale cuvée. Strong, rich caramel malts--a signature Sierra Nevada malt taste. The bbl aged Bigfoot is only 22%, mixed so that the bourbon infusion doesn't overwhelm the palette. The other 78% is Celebration Ale and Pale Ale. The richness of the malt is offset by plenty of piney hops. Amazing paired with fish and chips!
---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone
yespr (25932) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - JUN 16, 2012
4.2 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20
1 pt 9.4 fl oz bottle at Green Lion. Pours clear and golden deep amber with a small tan head. Aroma is dense wooden and dark roasted malty. Toffee dark malty. Dense dark malty. Loads of tannins. Smooth dark malty and dense toffee malty. Lingering dense malty and overripe fruity into the finish.
PhillyCraft (1964) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 31, 2012
4.1 AROMA 9/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 15/20
On tap at Capones. tan, hazy, burnt sienna pour. Small head, great lacing. Aroma and flavor are butter, orange, oak, pineapple. Reminds me so much of white oak aged jai lai from Cigar City. I think this was due to the oak aged bigfoot. It really overpowered the celebration and fresh pale from them. Amazing double ipa/american strong.
DasBierChef (1080) - Hudson, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 14, 2012
3.9 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 15/20
Pours a surprisingly deep amber color, nice white head. Aroma is sweet and belgian as is the flavor. Very nice.