overall

RATINGS: 3309   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale represents a time honored tradition of brewing a special beer for the holiday season. There are generous portions of barley malts and fine whole hops of several varieties, creating a brew with a full, rich and hearty character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
biznizness (1104) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 25, 2004
Excellent IPA. Hoppy and crisp. I am very impressed with this brewery now that I have given it a chance. For a microbrewery that is fairly widely available, they certainly do produce a quality product. Definitely worth getting, especially if you are an IPA fan.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
walleye (1067) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - NOV 24, 2004
2004 bottle.at 5.99 a sixer not a bad buy poured a copper red. with a light tan head. aroma hops, malts, pine, citrus, some yeast. flavor, citrus, hops, pine, nice clean taste and finish. will get more of this was told that this ages well. flemdawg said he has a 2003 that we can compare.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hmright (101) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - NOV 24, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 26, 2004 Great beer with a nice spicy taste, great full even flavor, with a nice long finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
brewrater (92) - akron, Ohio, USA - NOV 24, 2004
Another great product from a superior brewery. (Definately NOT overated in my book) Good balance at front and middle. A little heavy on the hops at the back end for me. But for the hophead probably a great ending too. Not that much of a departure from their pale ale so I wouldn’t consider this a special (i.e. celebration) product. Excellent nevertheless!!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
iratherbe (255) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - NOV 22, 2004
Not my favorite style or company. I find Sierra Nevada over-rated. That said, a crisp, bitter clean finish and solidly strong IPA. Personally, I don’t find this as flavorful or charming as a celebration and holiday ale should be.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mkato (18) - USA - NOV 21, 2004
A great beer. Nice hop flavor, sharp and pepery. Piney smell and taste. I have to say that the price, 5.99 a sixer makes it one of the best values around.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Sven (229) - Lancaster, California, USA - NOV 20, 2004
Draught at Lucky Baldwins, Pasadena
Golden orange in colour below a medium sized, dense, rocky, off-white head. Sweet floral aroma much like a garden or pasture with some pine notes. Strong, lasting hop flavor. Sharp and crisp. Little malt flavor. Medium bodied, lasting, full mouthfeel. Average lacing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
HopsformyHips (113) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - NOV 20, 2004
Oh so yummy. Well, I did have a cold when I tasted this one, I also later had a pale lager which tasted like club soda to me. I like those strong hoppy beers that can comfort me in the midst of my cold....in the midst of the cold winter. Coppery with a nice frothy light tan head and nice lacing. Citrusy/piney hops. Looking forward to having this one again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
joshpiledean (315) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 19, 2004
From a bottle. Slightly cloudy orange/red/gold, and thick chunky head. Aroma is a subdued hop feel. Not as much bitter hop bite as I figured from these guys. A very nicely balanced beer. Not as spicy as their pale ale, and creamier than I expected as well. Very good and very drinkable. My favorite Sierra brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dextolen (151) - Michigan, USA - NOV 19, 2004
Bottle. Coppery red with a thick, frothy, off white head. Good lacing. Hoppy aroma, some faint sweetness - a caramel like sweet. Bitter taste, a classic IPA. A slight warming feeling, indicative of the increased alcohol. I would have never thought of an IPA as a ’holiday seaon’ ale, too summery in my opinion. Not what I was expecting. A good IPA, though.