overall

RATINGS: 3408   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale represents a time honored tradition of brewing a special beer for the holiday season. There are generous portions of barley malts and fine whole hops of several varieties, creating a brew with a full, rich and hearty character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
whiskeyfairy (27) - Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, USA - JAN 25, 2005
Nice clear amber pour. Pleasant aroma of spices. Strong hop flavor making it a little bitter but the flavor is growing on me with more sips. I enjoy staring at the label as I sip on this. I feel like I should be there in that log cabin drinking beer with my little bourbon barking at my feet... nevermind

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tmoney99 (11582) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 24, 2005
BOTTLE. LIGHT AMBER COLOR WITH MEDIUM WHITE HEAD. MEDIUM TO HEAVY HOPPY AROMA. HOPPY FRUIT FLAVOR WITH LONG FINISH. EXCELLANT SEASONAL BREW.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
GoldenSpunky (120) - Rochester, New York, USA - JAN 24, 2005
Had both in bottle and on tap in two of bostons finest establishments. 2005 I have been told has been the best year in quite sometime and who am I to argue. More flavorful on tap with a nice amber color and small white head. Very hoppy and flavorful. The spices of seasons overwhelmed my mouth. Vanilla, pine needles, cedar sap are all in here. Definitely a good seasonal.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jon112981 (327) - Bristow, Virginia, USA - JAN 24, 2005
Hoppy aroma. Nice and strong. Amber in color with a small amount of white head. Long finish with a bite of hop goodness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bogdi1 (32) - Helsinki, FINLAND - JAN 24, 2005
(Bottled) Beautiful amber color with quite thin head. Strong, (grape)fruity, piney hop aroma typical with american ipas, makes your tastebuds eagerly wait for the first sip!! Spicy and somehow acidic flavor with crisp, long lasting bitter finish. A good beer, but by no means the best example of the style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - JAN 23, 2005
Nose of light spice and wheatish hint of cologne. Pours a hazy ruby amber with honey highlights. The tall creamy dense beige head is fully lasting with good lacing. The big flavor starts sweet and malty with a warm alcoholic middle. The finish is long and pronounced with a heavy bitterness. The full and soft palate is dry and finishes astringent. Full tasting with great balance. Another winner from SN brewing.

ChrisPants (317) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JAN 23, 2005
I’m not usually a fan of Sierra Nevada, but I’ll sign this petition. Slight sour citrus (grapefruit? I seem to be tasting grapefruit in everything lately-maybe I have some stuck between my teeth). I’m tasting some hallertau hops, but I could be wrong. Smooth crisp finish. Yes, thank you, I will have another.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JAN 22, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2006 Another good beer from one of my favorite breweries. Pours nice and dark brown with a lasting head. Very warming for the winter months. Nice hop bite with a touch of spiciness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 22, 2005
Nice hoppy dark amber brew with a honey flavour and a distinctly smooth aroma. Very typical of the pacific coast brews. A warm welcome during a cool winter night.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
CampbellWilson (533) - SCOTLAND - JAN 22, 2005
2004 bottle from Sainsbury’s. Excellent amber hoppy concoction. Piney floral hop aroma, good mouthfeel, long fruity hop aftertaste. Utterly delicious.