overall

RATINGS: 3425   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale represents a time honored tradition of brewing a special beer for the holiday season. There are generous portions of barley malts and fine whole hops of several varieties, creating a brew with a full, rich and hearty character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
iratherbe (255) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - NOV 22, 2004
Not my favorite style or company. I find Sierra Nevada over-rated. That said, a crisp, bitter clean finish and solidly strong IPA. Personally, I don’t find this as flavorful or charming as a celebration and holiday ale should be.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mkato (18) - USA - NOV 21, 2004
A great beer. Nice hop flavor, sharp and pepery. Piney smell and taste. I have to say that the price, 5.99 a sixer makes it one of the best values around.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Sven (229) - Lancaster, California, USA - NOV 20, 2004
Draught at Lucky Baldwins, Pasadena
Golden orange in colour below a medium sized, dense, rocky, off-white head. Sweet floral aroma much like a garden or pasture with some pine notes. Strong, lasting hop flavor. Sharp and crisp. Little malt flavor. Medium bodied, lasting, full mouthfeel. Average lacing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
HopsformyHips (113) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - NOV 20, 2004
Oh so yummy. Well, I did have a cold when I tasted this one, I also later had a pale lager which tasted like club soda to me. I like those strong hoppy beers that can comfort me in the midst of my cold....in the midst of the cold winter. Coppery with a nice frothy light tan head and nice lacing. Citrusy/piney hops. Looking forward to having this one again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
joshpiledean (316) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 19, 2004
From a bottle. Slightly cloudy orange/red/gold, and thick chunky head. Aroma is a subdued hop feel. Not as much bitter hop bite as I figured from these guys. A very nicely balanced beer. Not as spicy as their pale ale, and creamier than I expected as well. Very good and very drinkable. My favorite Sierra brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dextolen (151) - Michigan, USA - NOV 19, 2004
Bottle. Coppery red with a thick, frothy, off white head. Good lacing. Hoppy aroma, some faint sweetness - a caramel like sweet. Bitter taste, a classic IPA. A slight warming feeling, indicative of the increased alcohol. I would have never thought of an IPA as a ’holiday seaon’ ale, too summery in my opinion. Not what I was expecting. A good IPA, though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SDalkoholic (2237) - Linda Vista, California, USA - NOV 19, 2004
Full on copper colored with big opened pores in the head. Can barely smell anything in the aroma but some pine is noticable. Flavor is of nuts with citrus and is mildly hoppy. A dry finish and a fair IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
rudolf (2344) - Buffalo, New York, USA - NOV 18, 2004
Pinier version of SN PA. Ok but nothing amazing. Lemony finish really takes away. A bit of lemon-floor-cleaner n there. I don’t get all the hype. Maybe I’m losing my love for non-malty IPAs....

Dough77 (821) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - NOV 18, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2005 Most enjoyable IPA in every sense of the word. Look foward to its release every year now. Like a perrenial all star, case buy worthy. Recieve a 91 vintage bottling and wow was that wild. Dark thick brown muddy pour. nose of figs, and raisins and some caramel. Flavor was huge fig and chocolate. Young its still a creame of the crop. Huge hop, some nice maltiness, but mostly crazy bitterness. Fabulous. Rating is for the fresh bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hellomynameis (876) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - NOV 18, 2004
A good IPA. There are hops and some spice on the nose, very enticing. There is a fantastic rocky head and a nice red colour. The taste is well blanced, good hops taste, not too bitter.