overall

RATINGS: 3207   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale represents a time honored tradition of brewing a special beer for the holiday season. There are generous portions of barley malts and fine whole hops of several varieties, creating a brew with a full, rich and hearty character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SirHopsAlot (44) - Cockeysville, Maryland, USA - OCT 23, 2002
Year in and year out I have loved this beer, and the 2002 edition has not let me down. I love most of all the intensity of the fruit driven hops on the palate. Rock on Celebration Ale

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - OCT 23, 2002
(2002 edition bottled 10/4/2) This ale poured flawlessly and produced a beautiful pint, an excellent head and equally fine lace. Once again this beer has a big hop nose packed with cascade and centennial hops. The palate starts out dry and hoppy, but ends up malty and hoppy on the finish. The finish goes on for about 30 seconds or so. Once again Celebration Ale does not disappoint. A very complex earthy ale teeming with PNW hopvine goodness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cckevin (38) - Terre Haute, Indiana, USA - SEP 12, 2002
Wow that is one hoppy beer! I love it! On a cold day, this is an excellent choice for a nice sipping beer. Huge nose, and a multitude of flavors. Mix of hops and citrus are well balanced.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 11, 2002
My first thought when I smelled this was ’wow that smells good.’ Then I calmed down and though about it. the citrusy hop nose is invigorating. the flavor is wonderfully hoppy and finishes bitter. the hops are definitely giving off lots of citrusy flavors throughout the taste. this is a top-notch IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Panzuriel (1281) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - SEP 8, 2002
A nice winter beer. Nice citrusy hoppy hints. Very very interesting. dry and spicy aroma. Very good beer overall.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - SEP 5, 2002
Amazingly hoppy. Tastes like a liquid christmas tree. Maybe some coriander or orange peel to smoothe it out?

mribm (457) - Ocala, Florida, USA - AUG 31, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 27, 2003 Bottled. This bottle conditioned beer is one of the best beers I've ever had! I look forward to this hop monster every winter. To me, it is what makes the cold northeast winters bearable. From the citrusy nose, to the VERY hoppy taste and aftertaste, this is a beer that I stock up on in the winter months. My belief is, you can never cram enough hops into a bottle of beer, but this one comes damn close to meeting that goal! When I have this beer in my fridge, I am guaranteed to have a Hoppy New Year.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mikenodak (150) - Fargo, North Dakota, USA - AUG 26, 2002
Hoppy Christmas to you - also some other good flavors, which are overpowered.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
CE619 (81) - san diego, California, USA - AUG 7, 2002
1997 vintage. Dark amber color, with a spicy, citrusy, hoppy nose. Creamy, with massive grapefruit flavors. Finishes with a nice, pleasant bitterness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - JUL 30, 2002
Holy Jesus. Yet another brew that reminds me of the first time i had the SN pale, except this is just that beer times 10. Full on hops in the aroma,taste, and finish. Gattdem amazing, I find no flaws...great beer for any occasion.