RATINGS: 3445   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale represents a time honored tradition of brewing a special beer for the holiday season. There are generous portions of barley malts and fine whole hops of several varieties, creating a brew with a full, rich and hearty character.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
adrenalin112 (57) - Lake Forest, California, USA - MAR 12, 2003
One of, if not my favorite beers. A great amount of hops & always a happy sidekick to spicy dishes. It's so good that I bought a case to store away. Superb aroma & refreshing taste. Enjoy form the bottle or the tap. Even good a whole year later.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
dwyerpg (4918) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 19, 2003
To date, this is my favorite beer. It tastes just like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, cept more hoppy and stronger. yes.

rickgordon (3846) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - APR 12, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 10, 2009 Bottled. Orange colour. Intense, flowery, grapey, mandariney, hopuicy ooozing hoparoma. Fruity and flavourful, with pine, citrus, mandarin and maybe purpurgrenadilla. Flavour and mouthfeel is perfect, with perfect balance of malt and hops. Semi-dry finish, because of the hops. Seemed to have a bigger body than DFH 60. (Thatís for sure)This is the archetype and the holy grail of the American Style India Pale Ale. It oozes from malt and hops, and is incredibly balanced at that! I really beliveve this is the perfect beer for me. Fantastic beer!

ambroze (22) - Old Hickory, Tennessee, USA - NOV 30, 2004
Bottled, Had a copper color and a medium head. It tasted extremely hoppy, and finished the same. Very sharp on the palate.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
euserphriendly (167) - Holland, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 7, 2005
I gave this one to my dad for christmas. I should have gotten a case for myself. This is really a great winter beer for the hop lover.

bsp77 (724) - Minnesota, USA - OCT 29, 2009
UPDATED: SEP 27, 2011 Ah, it is that time of year again. Actually, it is a little early, but screw it, I want me some Celebration. Poured from bottle into Nonic Imperial Pint. Rich reddish-amber with large creamy head and very nice lacing rings. Aroma of citrus, grapefruit, pine, spice and semi-sweet toasted malts. Perfect balance of pungent hops (grapefruit and pine predominately) and slightly sweet toasted malts that are reminiscent of a Red Ale. Turns bitter and spicy at the end. Moderate carbonation, smooth medium body with a long dry finish. My favorite IPA, although Stone and Two Hearted are damn close.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
itfitz (10) - California, USA - MAY 27, 2010
Celebration Ale has caramel, cereal, hints of herbs and spices; the overwhelming prevalence of hops brings about a citrusy, floral note. Honestly, the holidays wouldnít be the same without Celebration Ale, and I buy as much as I can stock in my home each year. This is without question one of my Top 5 beers. Incredible from the first taste until the last sip rolls out of the bottle.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Paulynine99 (21) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 26, 2001
this was my first brew for Sierra Nevada, who i had heard put out some good beers. thats a fact, this ale is an excellent brew. Great complex flavor, dark rich color. top ten.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - DEC 6, 2001
(2001) I donít know what it is with Sierra Nevada and their signature hop flavors....Excellent. The second the aroma hit my nose, I said íMmmmmí (Yes...out loud). To be honest, if I had my eyes closed, I would have sworn (by aroma) it was their pale ale. The color is much darker, and the flavor a bit more full, but their Pale Ale is quite similar in hoppiness. I expected a very spicy beer as most Christmas Ales are, but instead got the wonderful hop and citrus flavors this wonderful brew had to offer. The color was copper and very clear with evident carbonation rising to the top to form a beautiful head. As I tipped the glass to drink I saw plenty of lace left on the edge, and even after leaving it sit for a while, the lace remained. I generally donít consider myself a hop-head, but when it comes to Sierra Nevada, I am. After reading PhillyBeer2112ís review of this brew, I have to say that the analogy of chewing on a lemon rind is right on...but it is balanced perfect with the sweetness. Bottom line...I WILL go pick some more of this up SOON! Way to go Sierra Nevada...you never fail to inspire me. UPDATE! After enjoying the 2001 brew that I wrote about above, I was extremely fortunate enough to run into a store having the 2000 brew. I picked up a six of it and found it to be just as great as the 2001. However, the 2000 recipe tasted a slight bit hoppier and citrusy. Excellent!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
HoppedHead (106) - seattle, Washington, USA - APR 6, 2002
A great festive ale, with lots of centenial hops great hop profile, with carmel, floral sweetness a perfect blend of hops and malts. Warms you up on the coldest days a perfect ski beer!