overall

RATINGS: 780   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Our handmade Estate Ale highlights the flavors of home. From the sun-drenched fields of California’s North Valley comes our Estate Ale. It’s rich with the flavors of the valley—hops with earthy, grapefruit-like flavors and layered spicy aromas, and barley with mild sweetness and smooth, toasted flavors. Enjoy this remarkable homegrown ale, made with organic wet hops and barley grown at our brewery in Chico, and one of the few estate-made ales produced anywhere in the world. Together, these crops grow alongside the brewery to make a truly unique brew.

Opivy44 (14) - Novato, California, USA - SEP 7, 2009
KING OF BEERS!!!! I was a little shocked to hear that a 24 oz of this stuff was going for $9.99 @ BEVMO... but I had to take a test drive! I’ve been waiting a while to taste this one. Wow! It pours a rich coppery color with a perfect head. Hop flavor... Yep it’s there and a whole lot more! Flavor hits well with a balace of the different malts! Well done Sierra Nevada! I think I have my favorite brew... as long as I save money for the weekend or if I don’t have any Pliny the Elder stocked in my freg

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DonMagi (5596) - bantervile, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - JAN 9, 2009
Bottle from utobeer, 1 at home, 1 with garethyoung and malachi in the new crown. Aroma is massive citrus, lychee, seriously fresh amazing hop character. Taste is similar, bitter but balanced, big but not overly bold, its just amazing stuff. Id drink this every day for every day of the year and feel very very good about it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
johnbuck100 (239) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 5, 2010
Creamy start, strong malt balance with a perfectly balanced bitter end. The perfect IPA, the best wet hop ale I have had. This sets the bar for others to meet. Perfection in a bottle. I live in Pennsylvania and am pretty much forced to buy beers by the case because of a weird combination of puritan morals and an embedded corrupt legislature paid under the table to keep the status quo for beer distribution. That being said, this is one of the few beers I don’t mind purchasing by the case. A Wonderful Brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
eli723 (20) - Oakland, California, USA - OCT 11, 2010
Clean, crisp, clear, well balanced CA common with aromatic hops and enjoyable bitterness. The first beer to be certified as organic from Sierra Nevada. Nice work. Apparently used to go by the name Chico Estate in 2008 and re-branded as Estate Brewers Harvest Ale in 2009. Now that it’s organic it has a new name. I would drink this beer every chance I get. Hope it continues.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dwyerpg (4528) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - DEC 18, 2010
Yet another top-of-the-line hoppy beer from Sierra Nevada. This is much smoother in the finish than some of the others, but is quite tasty as well. Pricewise though, I think the Northern Hemisphere will be my most frequent purchase.
Earlier Rating: 11/28/2009 Total Score: 4.5
Wonderful appearance, but not much in the aroma unfortunately. This is a good beer. Certainly hoppy up front, a bit of fruitiness in the middle. The only real complaint on this beer is that it’s overpriced compared to their other beers, which are almost as excellent but much more affordable.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
wnewberr (100) - Huntersville, North Carolina, USA - AUG 7, 2012
Brilliant earthy aroma. Head disappears in no time. Piney flavor with a full palate that leaves you wanting more and more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Shrews629 (193) - Kentucky, USA - JAN 7, 2011
Light amber/copper color. Semi-hazy with an off white head with a hue of orange. Burnt orange and yellow highlights adorn the bottom of the glass. A very strong head, head retention and lacing. A mix between a soapy and a creamy looking head. A nice presence of grapefruit citrus. Some orange in there. A bit of pine. Smells very floral. Very well balanced in the nose. As the beer warmed the biscuit aromas really started to shine. A nicely pronounced bitterness of grapefruit. Again, a touch of sticky pine. Orange citrus is coming forth nicely. Once more, as it warmed, the bready/biscuit flavors pulled through, but is still maintained that hop bite. Medium mouthfeel that is very dry. Almost chewy in the mouthfeel. I like it!!! Even feels a bit sticky. This brew leaves enormous amounts of flavor on the palate. Outstanding, wonderful mouthfeel. I may still be tasting this in the morning. I don’t have a whole lot of experience with "hoppy’ beers, but this one was outstanding. Probably has more hop characteristics than any I have tried before. I really, really enjoyed this. With the large bottle, I really got to savor it and experience the changes. Easily drinkable and worth a try. The alcohol is non-existant, so watch out!!! Man, I have really had some outstanding beers lately.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jmagnus87 (2427) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - MAR 24, 2011
From a 750ml bottle from Pick’s Liquors. Copper colored pour. Very nice, thick head that took a while to go down. Since it was a 750, I poured half into a glass and drank it, then poured the other half. The first pour had a nice earthy flavor along with a small amount of hop bitterness. It also seemed to have a sweet aftertaste, almost like honey. The second pour was much more hoppy and the head even thicker. Paid 8.99 and it was worth every penny.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
nickel (261) - - MAY 11, 2014
This is an outstanding India Pale Ale. Hoppy as hell. Very hoppy. I just adore this kind of beers. Diversity of spicey-fruity-bitter impressions just made my head turning.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - SEP 25, 2009
Grassy and fruity aroma with some citrus is very inviting. Beautiful golden amber in color with a mountainous rocky head. Luscious mingling of green, sticky hops, some citrus and apple and tons of malt backbone. hops are incredibly juicy. Lingering resinous bitterness invites you to take another sip immediately. Doesn’t finish quite as dry as a typical SN product. I think this is great! Bravo!