RATINGS: 4591   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Parrothead (294) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 28, 2005
I was "into" beer a while before I got around to trying this, even though I had heard it was the "Holy Grail" of American pale ales. I heard right. Nice lacy head, great aroma of hops, nice caramel color, smooth drinking. If you like hops, but are not an over-the-top hop head, whats not to like? OK, there was one thing - the $10 I forked over for a 6-pack in OC, MD!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
amalsugar (41) - Tremonton, Utah, USA - OCT 28, 2005
This is one of the first pale ales I ever drank and remains a favorite. The citrusy hop aroma and the bitterness are impressive for such a widely distributed beer. It is s a beer that bridges gaps between craft beer enthusiasts and macrobrew drinkers. Impressive.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
cbkschubert (2901) - BFE, Arizona, USA - OCT 26, 2005
Love the citrus aroma. One of the best and easiest to find American Pale ales out there. Has a smooth bitterness with a very slight lingering after taste. Not much malt flavor. A very good beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
FuntonBunton (61) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - OCT 23, 2005
A classic brewski. Hoppy, but enjoyable to a wide array of people who enjoy beer. A popular brew. A typical pale ale in my book. But a goodie, none the less. Pours nicely in a big muggy mug. Tastes of a little bitter grapefruit, but just a hint.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
brettpace (176) - New York City, New York, USA - OCT 23, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2007 MMM, I love this beer, great flavor. I love it in an ice cold glass. I could drink this stuff everyday, and be about as happy as could be. I strongly recommend this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
hezron (614) - Viroqua, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 21, 2005
At a bar in Madison, only hoppy beer they had and I was in the mood for some hops. Nice grapefruit nose, typical of cascade. Good flavors of pine, grapefruit and some mild caramel malt. Medium body, high carbination and lively mouthfeel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kamish (93) - Monroe, Washington, USA - OCT 21, 2005
my brother told me about this beer. great stuff. this brewery has many varieties that id like to try someday.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
smeltfisher (45) - Mississippi, USA - OCT 18, 2005
I believe this is a classic American amber beer. Lots of notes for something so widespread and popular.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
HenrikSoegaard (13286) - Randers, DENMARK - OCT 18, 2005
Creamy good head. Nice orange colour. Ok fruity aroma, but averedge taste. Light bitter and moderate sweet. Watary palate and its too fizzy.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BetterRedFred (65) - Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA - OCT 17, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 22, 2006 The old standby. Sometimes a little on the heavy side, but most times just right. I think this is the best all-around beer Ive tried - not always the perfect brew for the occasion, but always very good. Combined with its reasonable price and wide availability, its surely the "Budweiser" (in the ubiquitous sense) of QUALITY beers - the ONE beer Id keep if I could only have one.