RATINGS: 4407   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Muckrakerr (33) - Muskegon, Michigan, USA - FEB 20, 2005
Not tremedously complex but it isnít intended to be. I bought a 6-pack on sale for $6.56. I need to find a store where I can get a case every month at an even deeper discount. To consider this bland is a misinterpretation of the style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SSSteve (4007) - - FEB 18, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2005 aroma isnt bad but sort of bland. nothing really stands out. golden red in color. i enjoy the sweet pale ale blended with a slight bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
MIBRomeo (2570) - Wisconsin, USA - FEB 17, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 25, 2005 stale hops and barely aroma, not bad but odd, the apearance was farily a dark golden color w/ a thick white head, the palate was solid and carbonated with a grassy earthy hop flavor and a bit of a pungent aftertaste. This was ok but nothing special.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
teebradford (51) - Senatobia, Mississippi, USA - FEB 16, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2011 Donít get me wrong, I like this beer. I just think is has too much of a grapefruit taste. Maybe thatís the point and Iím just not getting it. Its OK and Iíd probably buy it again, but to me it kind of blends into the crowd. Extra points for originality, though. Re-rate, 6/19/11: I love this beer. An American classic. The negative rating 6 years ago I attribute to my green taste buds. You can never go wrong with SNPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 16, 2005
I had this for the first time in years. i was at the bar and saw it on tap and thought "why not". Itís better than I remembered. Bitter for a pale, but I love a little kick of hoppy goodness. Great amber color and smells tasty too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
valejo (81) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - FEB 15, 2005
Good job. This beer is everywhere, praise the Lord. When I canít find something Iíve never tried, Iíll probably drink Sierra Nevada. It never wrongs me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
redave (165) - squaw valley, California, USA - FEB 14, 2005
One of my favorite "standard" ales. I try to keep some on hand at all times. If i go to a bar or restaurant, this is my fall-back if they have nothing else special. Fortunatly it is often at most places weíve gone to. Just a little hoppier than most pale ales, but still nicely balanced. Great color, aroma, and lingering taste!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
entertheiceman (242) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 12, 2005
A true USA microbrew classic, but still not my favorite offering from Sierra Nevada. I thought that this had a lot of bitter hops until I tried a Stone India Pale Ale, which makes this seem mild mannered in comparison.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jb (2640) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 12, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 8, 2009 This is one of my all-time favorites and has to be about the best example of the style. Perfect color, dark orange with red tint, nice white head that stuck around. Nice aroma of hops. Palate is malty but the hops are there for balance. Not too much though and not too dry. Perfect integration of hops and malt and perfect balance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Emil (6065) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - FEB 11, 2005
Bottle at ōlbaren Cph. Dk. Orange red colour with a big white head. Cascade hop aroma with some citrus and a hoppy dry taste. Medium to full body and a dry finish.