overall

RATINGS: 4138   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Fountainhead (1) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 17, 2003 does not count
The perfect stand-by...my "house" beer, if you will. Nice hop aroma and flavor. Very clean. Goes well with a spicy meal. If you can find it on tap, order it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jamesp (13) - Thornton, Colorado, USA - DEC 16, 2003
Very little head. Poured a nice light amber color. Didn't really "stick around" in my mouth much for me (ie, very little aftertaste). Hops and bitterness are there, but at a nice level. I'm not very good at distinguishing smells but there's something there and I like it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
thegreenrooster (3299) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 12, 2003
Great hop flavor to this brew. Kind of a amber pour with a head that lasts for a few seconds. Clean taste at first and then you get the hops on the back of the tounge. Excellent brew for the novice to the pro.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pjk33 (389) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 11, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2005 Even though this is a common beer, even here in the East, I love it. Nice spice and hops, great bite. I can drink this beer when it’s sunny or snowing. I have sampled on draft and from the bottle - both were great. Have to re-rate here on 9-23-05 as this beer is never the same twice anymore - too much production I guess... still good, but not as highly rated now.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
psychoanalyst (16) - USA - DEC 10, 2003
White, frothy head. COmplex bouquet of spicy flowers and citrus. Nice long finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
wildchefbill (245) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - DEC 7, 2003
Pours amber with small head. Nice grapefruit aroma. Starts a little sweet with a nice pine/citrus hop finish. A nice clean finish. A good standard for APA. When the bar has it, I usually do, too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SirTom (88) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 6, 2003
A delicious and hoppy pale ale. I enjoy this one very much. All of Sierra Nevada's beers that I've had were great. A great 'everyday' beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
icarus (57) - The Colony, Texas, USA - DEC 5, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 30, 2004 This is my steady beer.. I sample many others, but this is always in the house.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tomxcs (321) - Berkeley, California, USA - DEC 2, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 5, 2004 I don't know what else can be said about this great pale ale. This is what turned me on to "good" beer about a year ago, and by some means I stumbled across ratebeer.com a few months ago while searching for Sierra Nevada product information. God Bless it, every one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
eraserhd10 (226) - new haven, Connecticut, USA - DEC 2, 2003
Draught. A quite good, reliable Pale Ale. Full floral fragrance with a grainy, spicy texture. Plenty of spicy hops. Strong hints of citrus and pine. Crisp, clean finish.