overall

RATINGS: 3940   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 25, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2006 What can I say about this ale that hasnít been said already? Nice & hoppy for a pale ale. I need to sit down with this stuff again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
YnotABeer (96) - Missouri, USA - JAN 24, 2003
Initially great; rich, smooth, hops are good, nice carbonation and head (although it doesnít last long but some lingers on sides); but a little to much aftertaste on my throat because I'm tasting too much alcohol and hops. Very worthwhile though; grows on you.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
NeonLX (261) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 24, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2007 ON RERATE: Just tried another bottle and this time, I got a lot more hop flavoring than the first tasting. And thereís some wonderful "grapefruit" overtones going on in there that I hadnít detected in the first bottle. I had to bump my ratings up a bit as a result.

ORIGINAL COMMENTS: Another gift from my wife (who doesnít drink beer herself--go figure). Poured this into my ale glass and it looked purty--light amber with a decent head that slowly gave way but never completely disappeared. Mmmm, smells nice--hints of hops to come. Yup, the taste is hoppy at the beginning, middle and end with just a bit of maltiness. I didnít think the palate was quite as smooth as my current favorite APA, City Pale Ale, but this is only a minor quibble with a very tasty brew. Iíll have another, please...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
666seth (222) - California, USA - JAN 24, 2003
Amber in color, very nice hoppy (cascade) nose. flavor full of malts and hops yet refreshing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rel3 (9) - USA - JAN 24, 2003 does not count

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
DallasBryan (111) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 23, 2003

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kwoeltje (2212) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - JAN 23, 2003
OK color. Good head. Overly bitter up front (and I do like hops). This is the second time I've had it. It's OK, but I don't see what everyone raves about.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - JAN 23, 2003
This one pours a clear, light amber color with a rapidly dissipating white head. It has a floral aroma of hops with a hint of malt sweetness peeking through. Full bodied with a good hop flavor that is well balanced by some malty sweetness. The finish is claen, bitter, and hoppy. A marvelous pale ale and one of my favorite beers. Highly drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
brewbandit (312) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - JAN 23, 2003
A nice fruity citrusy aroma, decent head with a lingering bitterness begging for just a little more maltiness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
OriginalCheeser (32) - USA - JAN 22, 2003
I was dissapointed with the flavor. Nice dark amber color. ha s a full body that tends to overpower and the after taste tends to be overly bitter.