RATINGS: 4587   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
frankenkitty (2006) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - APR 28, 2005
Initially pungent aroma, as if I just walked into the Small Mammal House at the zoo. Subsided to moderate pine hops with hints of nuts and ice cream, and a slight background of some sort of fuel... maybe kerosene. Spicy hop flavor to start with a woody, honey middle and a mildly bitter end. Golden amber color with a sudsy, almost-white head and teeny-tiny particles.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Oak Lawn, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AgeDaddy (8) - Abingdon, Virginia, USA - APR 27, 2005 does not count
My brother introduced me to it last summer. Excellent beer and one of my personal favorites. If youíre tired of drinking watered down tasteless beer then give this pale ale a try. Full of flavor with a lot of bitterness at the begining but it smoothes out as you get into it. One of the best drunks Iíve ever been on too!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - APR 26, 2005
Pours a nice, golden color with mild carbonation. Mouthfeel is a bit thin. A bitt hoppy for a pale ale, but very enjoyable. Another fine effort from a great brewer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
RateandPillage (426) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - APR 26, 2005
Pours golden amber with a good off-white head. Nice hoppy aroma. Great balance of malt and hops in the flavor with hop bitterness picking up in the aftertaste. Medium carbonation. Very nice pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
demitriustown (1184) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - APR 25, 2005
Tasty, and this is a mass produced beer oh my god Budweiser and Miller and all the other swill makers should follow by example. Sierra Nevada PAle ale....MMMMM BEER

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hughie (3996) - Bedford, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - APR 25, 2005
Continuing my voyage of discovery through North American beers (or at least the few that trickle into my local supermarket) I found this exceptional little bottle with an astonishingly complex aroma of herbs, flowers, even incense. Malty taste, and what I am coming to recognise as typically dry American bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
osmg95 (44) - Ohio, USA - APR 24, 2005
I know many people like this beer but it doesnít work for me. I find it difficult to drink and find itís flavor somewhat confusing and complex. Sure, there is a lot going on here but just doesnít satisfy my taste. Technically, it a good beer but not my cup of tea at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Schioth (41) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - APR 21, 2005
Very nice aroma with an average, golden appearance. Excellent malty flavor and great mouthfeel, although a bit short finish Overall a very drinkable pale ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
flocco (20) - Hillsborough, New Jersey, USA - APR 21, 2005
very good bitter tasting beer. If you are not into beers with a bite, donít try. one of the few beers I consistently purchase.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Schultsc (572) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 18, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2006 I honed my taste for hops on this flowery ale. This beer has one of the most distinctive floral aromas of any pale ale I’ve had with such a large distribution. Don’t let your ability to buy this beer at the grocery store fool you--it is good beer. Seek it out on tap.