overall

RATINGS: 4018   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 18, 2003
Probably one of the best Macros ever. It is that beer you get when your at a bar and there is nothing "really" good. Nice fruity/bitter aroma with a hopped taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Shag (2585) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 14, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 22, 2003 Lover of cascade hops? Then welcome to paradise! Nice head and fresh citrusy aroma. Taste is hoppy and slightly sour quite similar to grapefruit. This beer continues to grow on me and I continue to up my rating of it. I have a friend who swears by this beer and I never understood why, but now I understand! Many props go out to this brewery for making thier beer so widely available without sacrificing quality or selling out to a mega brewery (Yeah I'm talking to you Redhook!) This is truly a fantastic beer for hopheads and otherwise. Excellent!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MicroRob (42) - Kelowna, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 11, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 20, 2003 One of my favorite Pale Ales. Perfect balance of hops makes for a robust flavor. Gentle sweetness as it passes over the tongue and lingers just the perfect amount of time.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
dI5tIL (15) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 11, 2003
This is the beer I want to see when I open my fridge. I have loved this beer since first sip, it never gets tiresome. Cascade hops never had it so good. The only people who will ever diss this beer will do it while drinking a Bud Lite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Superstar (45) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 10, 2003
Pours a nice orangey-gold with a creamy head. Smell is citrusy. A nice crisp and clean mouthfeel - highly drinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
vector (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 10, 2003
Didn't care for this one too much. Flavor was mildly skunky and I had a hard time finishing it. Herbal malty flavors.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
hvac4sl (31) - Dowling, Michigan, USA - MAR 7, 2003
Amber color with little head. Maybe the barkeep didn't know how to pour this beer. Aroma of biscuit and cascade. Taste was fairly smooth with a hoppy finish. The benchmark pale? I'll have to have a few others to decide. Isn't beer drinking wonderful!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
brownaler (378) - Topsail Beach, North Carolina, USA - FEB 28, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2004 Rerate: Still one of the best. Love the breadiness of this Pale Ale. Wow! The hops mean business with this beer. It's a shame it's so hard to get around these parts.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jhart2 (19) - USA - FEB 28, 2003
So far, still my favorite bottled beer. I would love to try the Harvest. Guess I'll have to go to Cali.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Marc (486) - Yokosuka, JAPAN - FEB 24, 2003
Amber color with a medium tan head. Moderately herbal nose that continues into the mouth along with some bready malt, grass, and sweetness. Finishes much the same. Decent session brew.