overall

RATINGS: 4316   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
JuanitoBandito (3) - USA - APR 19, 2004 does not count
I didn't really know what hops tasted like before I tried this beer. It was a little too strong for me at first but it has become one of my favorites. Beautiful color and full favor.

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 17, 2004
A pure bright amber color, with a thick and sturdy off-white head, that crackles as it crumbles. Aroma is bursting over with fruit, peaches, foremost, plus apricots, some citrus, melons, more? Great citrusy hop bite greets you on the palate,with a brief and sweetish finish soon after. Smooth texture, light body, but fully flavorful. Uncomplicated and refreshing. Bitterness is low, malt is firm. Perfectly balanced, and infinitely enjoyable! In past years, I'd given this staple micro less credit than it deserves. I thought all pale ales were alike, and this one wasn't extraordinary to warrant the attention it receives. Just buy the local brew, and keep them in business, I thought. I still believe in that , of course, but I must accept that the flavor and quality in SN PA are really special and unique.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
KBeer (117) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 15, 2004
I don't see too much special in this one, but thats not to say I don't like it. It has a nice refreshing taste and always hits the spot with something like pizza. Also a good beer to get your friends started on the whole good beer thing!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
civforprez (229) - Galesburg, Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2004
This is a good pale ale. Not the best, but good. A great backup beer, in case you can only get stuff available everywhere.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - APR 14, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 13, 2004 Pretty bitter and sudsy, but not a bad swill. Ya have to be ready for the initial sour bite. Classy old Western style bottle. Bubbly, and autumn orange colored. Goes down happily, with medium bite that makes you smile. Nebulous appearance visually. The most un-disagreeable aftertaste I've yet experienced from a mass produced beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
crzybob77 (530) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 14, 2004
Not at the top of my list of pale ales, but still rather good. Very crisp. Hoppy and bitter as hell.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RichardGretton (4406) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 14, 2004
Still darkish pale ale with a dry well hopped flavour and aroma. Overall a very good dry beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
oneStar (15) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - APR 14, 2004
Tap. The second batch I brewed was a pale ale. When it was finally ready, I had to go out and try a pale ale as I had no idea how it was suppose to taste! I'm learning...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jollyraider (252) - Los Angeles, California, USA - APR 14, 2004
Ahh, I finally try the much talked about, ubiquitous SNPA. Floral, citrusy aroma. Great dark body. Really refreshing, delicious beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SmokeyJ (20) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 14, 2004
Great beer. Love the way this one looks in a glass. Nice head and great aroma.