overall

RATINGS: 3941   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
DrunkCaleb (69) - Michigan, USA - NOV 21, 2002
The better of three most common PAís in my neck of the woods (Bass, this, and Sammy). A little darker body with a more complex malt flavoring to compliment the strong hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brew4Dug (138) - Houston, Texas, USA - NOV 18, 2002
A "staple" APA in the fridge and I am glad that is so readily available. In my top 5 list of favorite pales, IPA or APA. If only I could find a bottle of "Harvest Ale" to sample! Cheers!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 17, 2002
Very rich aroma. Hoppy taste with fruity and flowery subtleties. Very carbonated. I could drink a lot of these.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 17, 2002
I new that one day i would have to try this one,iím glad i did, nice color to itvery well hopped in aroma and flavor with a very slight bite at the end i dont know if itís worth paying $11 for a 6 pack real often but worth it once in a great while

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
trappistsrule (4) - Arkansas, USA - NOV 14, 2002 does not count
Nice hoppy flavor. Well balanced with the mild maltiness. Something I could drink a lot of on a hot summer day.

Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - NOV 14, 2002
Yea, this brew has been available around here for quite a while, and this is the first time I have tried it. Lemon lime aroma that continues as you drink it, just right hoppy little bit sweet finish what a fine beer it is!

MMacdonald99 (7) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 13, 2002 does not count
Hands down the best beer out there. I actually didnít care for the "bite" after my first bottle, but since then, I will take a Sierra Nevada any time. Canít say enough. Color, taste, aroma, it has it all. The only problem I have ever had, is the bottle strength. They seem to break very easy and then I waste a bottle of the greatest Beer ever.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nastrass (58) - Texas, USA - NOV 9, 2002
Nice hops with citrus overtones. A standard among Pale Ales. Still a beer I find myself reaching for when looking for something reliable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - NOV 6, 2002
An American classic, my first "real" beer I remember drinking years ago. Fresh, hops, citrus. A beer to go to if you canít make up your mind and want something solid.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Suttree (4903) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 6, 2002
How is this the first time Iíve rated this? This is probably the most readily available craft beer where I live, so I drink a lot of it. Big hops flavor, a mix of citrus and resin. Nice finish, mildy sweet. But you no doubt know what it tastes like, What makes this beer a marvel is that it is available at local gas stations and mega-marts and is always the same dependably high quality.