overall

RATINGS: 3941   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Allseeingeye (223) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2002
Pretty full bodied for a pale ale. Very drinkable session beer. Love the kraussening.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - OCT 5, 2002
I love this beer. I even just brewed a clone of this beer I love it so much. The overpowering hops through dry-hopping gives it its spectacular taste. Sure it may be a little thin, but a meal in a beer is not always a good thing. You have to try this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerguy101 (5267) - Newark, California, USA - OCT 2, 2002
Medium gold color, medium head. Mild malts and hops. A hoppy, slightly malty pale ale. Full flavor. Good balance of hops to malts. Mouthfeel is smooth. Finish is crisp and clean. Aftertaste is slightly bitter. The classic Pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 1, 2002
UPDATED: APR 29, 2003 I have decided that this needs to be my 100th rating (I can't believe I haven't rated it yet). I remember 10 years ago actually having a tough time finding this gem in bars and packies. It is now ubiquitous and I think our country is better for it. This has a yeastiness I adore, a malt complexity which is remarkable in so light an ale and a Cascade hop bouquet that makes me weep with joy. The palate is a marvel. Thank God for the advent of this ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
hoorayforbeer (105) - Denton, Texas, USA - SEP 30, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 4, 2003 Pours light golden with thick white head. Good cascade aroma and decent hop bitterness in the nose, followed by a crisp malt finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nuffield (3637) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - SEP 29, 2002
This is a beer Iíll have to try again, because Iím sure I didnít appreciate what some find as the balance of this beer. I was completely overwhelmed by the hoppiness of it--I "grew up on" (in the beer-drinking sense) on English pale ales and donít know if Iíll ever quite adjust. Plain golden color, hoppy bitterness. Iíll re-rate it sometime. (on tap, Flying Saucer, Addison, TX)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 29, 2002
Each time I have another beer from Sierra Nevada I am more and more impressed. How a micro brewery that is so widely available can maintain such great beer is truly amazing. Besides, nice hoppy pale ales are right up my alley.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
jcalbi (378) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 29, 2002
The quintessential west coast pale ale. Nice floral smell wondeful color and mouthfeel. A great session beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
msutequilaman (84) - Troy, Michigan, USA - SEP 26, 2002
Nice caramel color with good, off-white head. Creamy and smooth with just the right amount of malt and hops. A very good IPA.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20