overall

RATINGS: 4070   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 2, 2003
Not my favorite beer. Tried it after a friend recommended it and was un-impressed.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 2, 2003
Caramel color with light foamy head. Aromatic of citrus, hops and lightly of caramelized malts. A hoppy bitter flavor with citrus.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Diablokev (147) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - FEB 1, 2003
When I was in my early twenties, this was the first brew I tried that was a non-standard American brew... I hated it, simply because it had a bitter aftertaste. What I have come to realize many years later is that this was the first beer in my life that actually had some flavor I just didn't know it at the time. Long stor short, my taste have become refined, and now for the rating. The aroma is one of the best I have come by yet, sweet,hoppy,floral, excelent. The appearance is a bright burnt orangish/golden color, with a nice bubbly head. The flavor is of citrus, and hoppy, with that previously mentioned bitter aftertaste (but now I know this is a good thing). The beer is smooth and a pleasure to drink. Overall a very nice pale ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 1, 2003
Bursting with hoppiness and citrus. The finish is slightly bitter and a bit over-carbonated, but overall, it is a decent pale ale, especially for a beer you can buy at the grocery store.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
notalush (4853) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 1, 2003
This is a pretty darn good pale ale. It has a pleasant, floral hop aroma. There's a pretty good balance between the hops and malts, and the body is substantial for a pale ale. This is is golden in color, not amber as the description suggests. Pretty impressive.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerbumble (42) - Reno, Nevada, USA - JAN 30, 2003
The tastiest Pale Ale I have ever had. One of my long time favorite beers. Perfect Pale Ale color. Good amount of head.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
greco (41) - Zeeland, Michigan, USA - JAN 30, 2003
On tap. Your basic APA. Color isn't very impressive. Nose is light and unimpressive. Smooth. I'm not sure about full-bodied but it is a better beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 29, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 23, 2004 Not really a "deep amber", has a twinge of yellow in there and is rather cloudy. Quickly diminishing head. Aroma is slightly fruity and intriguing. While I wouldn't quite call this a "full-bodied" brew, it does have several characteristics I can pick out. It's always bitter, with malt coming through as well as a citrus flavor here and there. I've really grown into this beer the more and more I drink it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 26, 2003
Deep gold with a copper glow. Medium body with notes of toasted grains and dried herbs. Very good malt flavor with crisp bitter finish.

redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - JAN 25, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 6, 2007 Not my favorite pale ale. Initially the fruitiness of the aroma and flavor work. Then the overwhelming bitterness takes over for an unsatisfying finish. Overrated brewery.5/3/5/2/10. Re-rate: 8/4/8/4/17. Wow what a bad early rating. This is one of my favorite beers. Great balance of hops and malts. Crisp, clean, refreshing. Outstanding.