overall

RATINGS: 4037   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - NOV 27, 2002
As far as a pale ale goes- this is a gem. It is hoppy to the max and I can definitely say it has ovaries!! The aroma is an intense precursor to an intense hoppy flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
crazyvin (1929) - New York, USA - NOV 26, 2002
great hoppy flavor! a great drinking beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crit (3334) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 25, 2002
cloudy amber with dense tan head.Small bead. Faintly fruity hop nose. Well hopped but well balanced. Lots of carbonation. Great stuff

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dougd99 (11) - USA - NOV 23, 2002
Wow. I dont drink it often. But every time I do I wonder why I waste my time with lesser beers>

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beermonger (11) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002
SNPA is the best beer that I buy regularly. Itís widely available and reasonably priced (less than $30/case). Itís got a fruity aroma and crisp taste. Great color and head; a nice-looking beer. Very refreshing. Nothing to complain about from where I sit. There arenít many beers that I drink regularly that rank above it (I think Victory Hop Devil may be a hair better).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2005 6/11/02: Hoppy/Hoppy/Hoppy...Start/Middle/Finish...thats all I have in my notes, rated later in the beer drinking night if you know what I mean...6/13/02: very strong grapefruit presence

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
DrunkCaleb (69) - Michigan, USA - NOV 21, 2002
The better of three most common PAís in my neck of the woods (Bass, this, and Sammy). A little darker body with a more complex malt flavoring to compliment the strong hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brew4Dug (138) - Houston, Texas, USA - NOV 18, 2002
A "staple" APA in the fridge and I am glad that is so readily available. In my top 5 list of favorite pales, IPA or APA. If only I could find a bottle of "Harvest Ale" to sample! Cheers!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 17, 2002
Very rich aroma. Hoppy taste with fruity and flowery subtleties. Very carbonated. I could drink a lot of these.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 17, 2002
I new that one day i would have to try this one,iím glad i did, nice color to itvery well hopped in aroma and flavor with a very slight bite at the end i dont know if itís worth paying $11 for a 6 pack real often but worth it once in a great while