overall

RATINGS: 4335   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 11, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2005 Even though this is a common beer, even here in the East, I love it. Nice spice and hops, great bite. I can drink this beer when it’s sunny or snowing. I have sampled on draft and from the bottle - both were great. Have to re-rate here on 9-23-05 as this beer is never the same twice anymore - too much production I guess... still good, but not as highly rated now.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
psychoanalyst (16) - USA - DEC 10, 2003
White, frothy head. COmplex bouquet of spicy flowers and citrus. Nice long finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
wildchefbill (245) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - DEC 7, 2003
Pours amber with small head. Nice grapefruit aroma. Starts a little sweet with a nice pine/citrus hop finish. A nice clean finish. A good standard for APA. When the bar has it, I usually do, too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SirTom (89) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 6, 2003
A delicious and hoppy pale ale. I enjoy this one very much. All of Sierra Nevada's beers that I've had were great. A great 'everyday' beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
icarus (57) - The Colony, Texas, USA - DEC 5, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 30, 2004 This is my steady beer.. I sample many others, but this is always in the house.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tomxcs (321) - California, USA - DEC 2, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 5, 2004 I don't know what else can be said about this great pale ale. This is what turned me on to "good" beer about a year ago, and by some means I stumbled across ratebeer.com a few months ago while searching for Sierra Nevada product information. God Bless it, every one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
eraserhd10 (226) - new haven, Connecticut, USA - DEC 2, 2003
Draught. A quite good, reliable Pale Ale. Full floral fragrance with a grainy, spicy texture. Plenty of spicy hops. Strong hints of citrus and pine. Crisp, clean finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
biermonk (265) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - NOV 30, 2003
This is truly some nice stuff. Beautiful color... very pleasing to all senses. Looks,smells, and tastes fantastic. Very heavily hopped which gives it a clean bite that I never tire of.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
FatherMoss (21) - Moscow, Idaho, USA - NOV 26, 2003
Ahh, Sierra Nevada, one of my favorites. I can't say much that hasn't been said already about this fine brew, so I will just say "Drink it." That is all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
tiggmtl (4545) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 26, 2003
Citrus and pine aroma. Dark golden with white frothy head that receeds fully with some lacing. Plenty of hop flavour and a balanced maltiness. Medium body and carbonation but mouthfeel is quite full. Quite a decent pale ale. Bottle.