overall

RATINGS: 4137   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - FEB 9, 2003
UPDATED: APR 9, 2004 I used to hate this beer. We all know what it pours like and what it looks like. Pleasant hop presense, along with citrus fruits. I can't review this beer. I am not worthy. It's a legend. A great beer. That's all I can say.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
3fourths (8228) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 6, 2004 Medium hopped aromas, with a sweet malt smell of caramel and candy sugar. Feel tingles on the tongue at first sip, rolls over your tongue with a pleasing mild bitterness, and finishes sweet. A good amount of hops, but not my favorite hop flavor... seems fresh, but plastic-like in the hop flavor. Finish is just better than fizzy, with a sticky maple and LME flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
desurfer (1224) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 11, 2004 This is my go-to beer. Readily available and fairly inexpensive. Hazy amber with a small tan head. Crisp and hoppy with a nicely balanced maltiness and a smooth, dry finish. I never tire of drinking this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
monkeyman (57) - Alabama, USA - FEB 7, 2003
11-21-02 bottling date. Thin malt; sometimes prominent hops. What has become of Sierra Nevada, Inc.? In the late 90's, you could get a bottle of this with the yeast still visible at the bottom... sigh.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Trappist (284) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 5, 2003
I am not a big fan on pale ales but this one is pretty good. Nice amber color somewhat long lasting white head, and a nice hoppy rich flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 5, 2003
A dependable one to order out at the bars. Nice and hoppy. One of my favorites from this brewery. It's nice that you can find this all over the country.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
khayman70 (154) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - FEB 3, 2003
Very crisp and dry, good hops character. Malt is toned down tremendously with the hops. I love most of the beers from Sierra. This is no different.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 2, 2003
Not my favorite beer. Tried it after a friend recommended it and was un-impressed.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 2, 2003
Caramel color with light foamy head. Aromatic of citrus, hops and lightly of caramelized malts. A hoppy bitter flavor with citrus.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Diablokev (153) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - FEB 1, 2003
When I was in my early twenties, this was the first brew I tried that was a non-standard American brew... I hated it, simply because it had a bitter aftertaste. What I have come to realize many years later is that this was the first beer in my life that actually had some flavor I just didn't know it at the time. Long stor short, my taste have become refined, and now for the rating. The aroma is one of the best I have come by yet, sweet,hoppy,floral, excelent. The appearance is a bright burnt orangish/golden color, with a nice bubbly head. The flavor is of citrus, and hoppy, with that previously mentioned bitter aftertaste (but now I know this is a good thing). The beer is smooth and a pleasure to drink. Overall a very nice pale ale.