overall

RATINGS: 4101   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 29, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 2, 2004 Re-rate: very dissapointing and not what i remember, where had all those aromatic hops gone? where was the malty body? mowhere to be found. Its still decent, but this surely can't have gone downhill that quickly, since it was only a year ago i had it. Still, drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mpbro (132) - Stanford, California, USA - NOV 29, 2002
Like Brew4Dug says, SNPA is my ístapleí brew of this genre. Many homebrews were certainly modeled after this beerís unforgettable Cascade hopping. I know, I know, overhopping with Cascade hops is SOOO 1994, but címon, this is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale! In all seriousness, the hops does introduce a strange, juniper-like acidity. Itís not so bitter in my mouth as in my stomach!

cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - NOV 28, 2002
Delicious. One of my favorite pale ales, loved the fruity aspect and of course, the hoppiness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
psychojinx99 (1) - fort collins, Colorado, USA - NOV 28, 2002 does not count
The best - period. More than really good beer - no joke...a pseudo-magical ellicter of old memories and good times. This brew does something special to the psyche- no doubt about it...potent catalyst for mello feel-good and positive vibes... Could not live without this stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - NOV 27, 2002
As far as a pale ale goes- this is a gem. It is hoppy to the max and I can definitely say it has ovaries!! The aroma is an intense precursor to an intense hoppy flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
crazyvin (1967) - New York, USA - NOV 26, 2002
great hoppy flavor! a great drinking beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crit (3360) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 25, 2002
cloudy amber with dense tan head.Small bead. Faintly fruity hop nose. Well hopped but well balanced. Lots of carbonation. Great stuff

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dougd99 (11) - USA - NOV 23, 2002
Wow. I dont drink it often. But every time I do I wonder why I waste my time with lesser beers>

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beermonger (11) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002
SNPA is the best beer that I buy regularly. Itís widely available and reasonably priced (less than $30/case). Itís got a fruity aroma and crisp taste. Great color and head; a nice-looking beer. Very refreshing. Nothing to complain about from where I sit. There arenít many beers that I drink regularly that rank above it (I think Victory Hop Devil may be a hair better).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2005 6/11/02: Hoppy/Hoppy/Hoppy...Start/Middle/Finish...thats all I have in my notes, rated later in the beer drinking night if you know what I mean...6/13/02: very strong grapefruit presence