RATINGS: 4407   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
johndoughty (4587) - cheslyn hay, West Midlands, ENGLAND - DEC 31, 2003
An amber flavoured pale ale with wonderful citrus and bitter flavours floating around.Very refreshing hoppy taste that would make it a great summers drink althoughI tried it in December and it was still lovely.A complex and dangerously drinkable beer, nearly but not quite as good as my all time favourite,Anchor Liberty Ale.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
scoobyluv (511) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 29, 2003
nice golden color. pungent and pleasant smell of hops. finishes with a nice bitter aftertaste. not the best ipa but not bad. i give it 1.5 thumbs up

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
invalid (302) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 27, 2003
This is the beer that got me hooked. Nice floral hop nose, sweet malt balanced with bitter hop finish. Great Pale Ale - this will always be the standard I judge other American Pale Ales.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
billk (353) - Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, USA - DEC 26, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 23, 2005 Bottle. This pale ale is on my don’t list. Rather unremarkable, flat, buffered, commercial, mass produced flavor. It is however, dry and somewhat bitter. Also cheap. Available everywhere though. Can’t hold a candle to some of the better Oregon APAs including the weak Full Sail pale ale. 10/5/04: Seeing this stuff get slammed makes me happy as hell. I just dropped it from 2.5 to 2.1. I had it much lower once but raised it after all the flack I caught. 10/25/04: had a 12 ozer and it still sucks. 7/23/05: I purposely rated this below what it really deserves just to piss you SNPA fanatics the f*ck off.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Radek Kliber (6825) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - DEC 25, 2003
This pale ale is fairly simple in build. Yet in simplicity success is hidden. Texture, body and just right aftertaste made this beer great.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
EdPaulsen (117) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 25, 2003
better than most. one of the defining cascadey hopped american pale ales. when it warms, or when you've tasted a few before, you can see past the hops and enjoy this nice beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hangover (1094) - Atlanta, Alabama, USA - DEC 24, 2003
Very nice pale ale. Amber color, no head retention. Fresh citrus hops aroma. Very clean taste... hops are not overpowering, finish is clean and crisp. I feel I would enjoy this beer a lot more in July than December, but that won't affect my rating. Very good pale ale.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - DEC 24, 2003
This is my go-to beer. I couldn't believe I hadn't given it a proper review. Pours a golden color, nice and clear with a great head and a wonderful lace down the glass. The scent is of wonderful hops with some citrus scents. Tastes awesome. The hops are prefectly balanced with the malt sweetness. This is *the* pale ale that all others must measure up to, forgive the dangling participle... Mouthfeel is full and crisp. And this is by far the most drinkable beer I've ever had. As I stated at the begining, this is my go-to beer. It goes well with anything, has nothing offensive, and has *just* enough hops to make it great.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BCAR (222) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Light caramel/dark hay color. Hop aroma hinted by vanilla. Carbonation jumps on the tongue with a clean hop surge. Finishes quickly with a bite of bitterness. Just ok.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Fountainhead (1) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 17, 2003 does not count
The perfect stand-by...my "house" beer, if you will. Nice hop aroma and flavor. Very clean. Goes well with a spicy meal. If you can find it on tap, order it.