overall

RATINGS: 4502   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
EdPaulsen (117) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 25, 2003
better than most. one of the defining cascadey hopped american pale ales. when it warms, or when you've tasted a few before, you can see past the hops and enjoy this nice beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hangover (1104) - Atlanta, Alabama, USA - DEC 24, 2003
Very nice pale ale. Amber color, no head retention. Fresh citrus hops aroma. Very clean taste... hops are not overpowering, finish is clean and crisp. I feel I would enjoy this beer a lot more in July than December, but that won't affect my rating. Very good pale ale.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - DEC 24, 2003
This is my go-to beer. I couldn't believe I hadn't given it a proper review. Pours a golden color, nice and clear with a great head and a wonderful lace down the glass. The scent is of wonderful hops with some citrus scents. Tastes awesome. The hops are prefectly balanced with the malt sweetness. This is *the* pale ale that all others must measure up to, forgive the dangling participle... Mouthfeel is full and crisp. And this is by far the most drinkable beer I've ever had. As I stated at the begining, this is my go-to beer. It goes well with anything, has nothing offensive, and has *just* enough hops to make it great.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BCAR (222) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Light caramel/dark hay color. Hop aroma hinted by vanilla. Carbonation jumps on the tongue with a clean hop surge. Finishes quickly with a bite of bitterness. Just ok.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Fountainhead (1) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 17, 2003 does not count
The perfect stand-by...my "house" beer, if you will. Nice hop aroma and flavor. Very clean. Goes well with a spicy meal. If you can find it on tap, order it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jamesp (13) - Thornton, Colorado, USA - DEC 16, 2003
Very little head. Poured a nice light amber color. Didn't really "stick around" in my mouth much for me (ie, very little aftertaste). Hops and bitterness are there, but at a nice level. I'm not very good at distinguishing smells but there's something there and I like it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
thegreenrooster (3863) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 12, 2003
Great hop flavor to this brew. Kind of a amber pour with a head that lasts for a few seconds. Clean taste at first and then you get the hops on the back of the tounge. Excellent brew for the novice to the pro.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 11, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2005 Even though this is a common beer, even here in the East, I love it. Nice spice and hops, great bite. I can drink this beer when it’s sunny or snowing. I have sampled on draft and from the bottle - both were great. Have to re-rate here on 9-23-05 as this beer is never the same twice anymore - too much production I guess... still good, but not as highly rated now.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
psychoanalyst (16) - USA - DEC 10, 2003
White, frothy head. COmplex bouquet of spicy flowers and citrus. Nice long finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
wildchefbill (245) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - DEC 7, 2003
Pours amber with small head. Nice grapefruit aroma. Starts a little sweet with a nice pine/citrus hop finish. A nice clean finish. A good standard for APA. When the bar has it, I usually do, too.