overall

RATINGS: 4004   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Alenightlong99 (70) - Lockport, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2002
One of my personal favorites. Looks, smells, and tastes great. I always go back to the store for more of this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Terminus (3214) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - FEB 25, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 15, 2004 Im going back to give this beer a new rating since this was one of the first beers i have ever had that was decent. 24 oz bottle-pours a light orange hue with sudsy white head. aroma is earthy piney hops and not very strong. does not smell dry-hopped. The flavros are mostly piney hops, but not aggressive like pale ales made since this pioneer was created long ago. A good classic beer to go back and enjoy once in a while.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 19, 2002
I thought it would be a little better because of all the hype my friends made of it, but overall a good brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - FEB 18, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2004 It's with a certain amount of shame that I must admit, that I rarely drink my favorite beers like SNPA, as I'm to busy with all the new beers, or some over the top beer that has caught my fancy, its a shame when we forget our "Old Friends", whether it be beer or people, something I plan on rectifying in both cases. The beer disembogues the stubby brown 12-ounce bottle a slightly hazy amber color, the head portly and off white in color with the left over lace a fine velum like sheet, that obscures the glass. Oh what a wonderful nose, malt, citrus crisp, hop floral, and just plain sniffable, with the start rich in malt and somewhat sweet, top is middling in its feel. Finish has a determined acidity, the hops wonderfully spicy and the aftertaste desert bone dry. Sorry "Old Friend" if I have ignored you lately, it was not intentional.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 17, 2002
Hooray! An American IPA worth it’s name. Bitter (as it should be) But with a smooth finish, and decent amount of hoppiness. Hard for me to fine here, but I will gladly buy it again. About $7 a 6er here in Ohio, so not something I would buy on a daily basis, and not something that local bars carry wither. Still something good to put in the fridge with your standards when you want something special.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SudsMaster (68) - Denville, New Jersey, USA - FEB 17, 2002
Great tasting pale ale, quite possibly the best. Nice and smooth with a tinge of maltiness that makes this a great brew! Highly recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - FEB 17, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2005 one of the first non-big name brews that i ever had. inspired me to try more adventurous beers. gotta give it extra credit for that. now I find it a little too light for my palate, but will occasionally have a few with dinner.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
hankborso99 (9) - Long Island City, New York, USA - FEB 14, 2002 does not count
BarePaw is tripping. This beer is my favorite American beer. Very tasty, always satisfying. Enjoyed best just short of frozen.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
NJBeerman013 (1043) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - FEB 10, 2002
Nice hoppy aroma, golden color, fluffy pillow like head. The hop-malt balance was indeed very complex and enjoyable.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - FEB 8, 2002
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale tasted watered down. It has a very weak flavor. I’m not impressed.