overall

RATINGS: 4101   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37

JohnnyDefective99 (36) - USA - JUN 29, 2002
DOUBLE BLEHHH!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUN 27, 2002
The hoppiness is what sets the Sierra Nevada Pale apart from other pale ales. This is, in my opinion, one of the best pale ales offered on the West coast and certainly the Northwest. The cascade hops are exremely prevelant and compliment the grains well. I look for rich beers regardless of what I’m drinking so I may be a bit biased, but this is an excellent beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jennythenipper (74) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JUN 25, 2002
I still prefer Summit to this, but that’s probably because the Summit i get here in Minnesota is fresher than the Sierra Nevada. With Summit’s supremacy here, will I ever have this beer on tap? Nice hoppy aroma, hoppy taste, and crisp finish. looking forward to trying the tap version some time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pivo (2571) - GERMANY - JUN 25, 2002
Faint hop nose and light gold color that is inviting. Clear, crisp hoppiness atop a light woody malt flavor. Full mouthed with an edge to it. Well-balanced. This is a fantastic beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
YogiBeera (2480) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 22, 2002
Hoppy with a hint of lemon nose. Light yellow with no head. Very hoppy. Fullmouth taste with a kick at the end. Good balanced beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dogbrick (8322) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 21, 2002
Had the draught version at California Pizza Kitchen. Considering how widely available this beer is I’m surprised it took me this long to try it. Not the best APA I have had but still better than average. Good bitter hops flavor and somewhat dry. It is nice to know there are actually decent beers at the grocery store.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JUN 21, 2002
Another nice and refreshing pale ale. Beautiful color for a pale and wonerdful revitalizing hoppiness! An easy beer to drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - JUN 20, 2002
This is some really tasty stuff. It goes down nice and smooth with a great well-balanced flavor, I think it tastes more like an IPA than a pale. I like it better from a tap than in a bottle. This is refreshing ale and one I look forward when I’m thirsty and desire something quenching.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUN 18, 2002
This wasn’t bad, ’specially for a pale ale. Considering my last beer was a honey raspberry, this one stood a good chance of getting a glowing review. Good nonetheless.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ElGaucho (2225) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - JUN 18, 2002
Many of the recent comments have been less than glowing. I suppose that is to be expected for a beer that has successfully marketed and distributed itself from a small microbrewery to a mini-macro. It unfortunately shows that once a brewer has made it, it is associated with the crap beers made by most of the other brewers that have made it. Samuel Adams is also a victim of this guilt by association. As for the beer, I have long considered Sierra Nevada one of my favorite beers, however, and I may be wrong, but I could swear that they have tweaked the color to make it lighter and scaled back on the hops. On top of that, I think the actual sample I rated, which was a draft from a bar, may have been flat. The fact that the bar tender gave it to me for free lent further support for this theory. Nevertheless, appearance-wise, all I could think of was ’Nectar of the Gods’. Quite good and quite tasty, but not as good as I remember for possibly any one of the aforementioned reasons.