overall

RATINGS: 4137   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
YogiBeera (2493) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 22, 2002
Hoppy with a hint of lemon nose. Light yellow with no head. Very hoppy. Fullmouth taste with a kick at the end. Good balanced beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dogbrick (8658) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 21, 2002
Had the draught version at California Pizza Kitchen. Considering how widely available this beer is I’m surprised it took me this long to try it. Not the best APA I have had but still better than average. Good bitter hops flavor and somewhat dry. It is nice to know there are actually decent beers at the grocery store.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JUN 21, 2002
Another nice and refreshing pale ale. Beautiful color for a pale and wonerdful revitalizing hoppiness! An easy beer to drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - JUN 20, 2002
This is some really tasty stuff. It goes down nice and smooth with a great well-balanced flavor, I think it tastes more like an IPA than a pale. I like it better from a tap than in a bottle. This is refreshing ale and one I look forward when I’m thirsty and desire something quenching.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUN 18, 2002
This wasn’t bad, ’specially for a pale ale. Considering my last beer was a honey raspberry, this one stood a good chance of getting a glowing review. Good nonetheless.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ElGaucho (2240) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - JUN 18, 2002
Many of the recent comments have been less than glowing. I suppose that is to be expected for a beer that has successfully marketed and distributed itself from a small microbrewery to a mini-macro. It unfortunately shows that once a brewer has made it, it is associated with the crap beers made by most of the other brewers that have made it. Samuel Adams is also a victim of this guilt by association. As for the beer, I have long considered Sierra Nevada one of my favorite beers, however, and I may be wrong, but I could swear that they have tweaked the color to make it lighter and scaled back on the hops. On top of that, I think the actual sample I rated, which was a draft from a bar, may have been flat. The fact that the bar tender gave it to me for free lent further support for this theory. Nevertheless, appearance-wise, all I could think of was ’Nectar of the Gods’. Quite good and quite tasty, but not as good as I remember for possibly any one of the aforementioned reasons.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
crdic (105) - California, USA - JUN 15, 2002
Generic amber ale. Couldn’t taste much besides hops, so to call its flavor ’complex’ would be stretching it a bit. Not bad, really, but nothing special.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ludi (32) - Reston, Virginia, USA - JUN 13, 2002
Nope.

dankfor20 (193) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 13, 2002
always a good choice when i can’t get to a place with a lot of microbrews. an easy drinkin hoppy beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GiddyBoy (117) - USA - JUN 8, 2002
Eh. I think this is an overrated beer myself. It was way too tangy and sweet for me. It was too pale for me, and had a strong aftertaste. I was not impressed