overall

RATINGS: 4018   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
GrooveDaddy (15) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
During the hellish-hot Alabama summer of 2012, when my A/C was broken, and I could not survive at times without having a fan blow directly on me while I sprayed water on myself, I would occasionally crave a good, cold brew to guzzle while I watched Dawn of the Dead. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was one of the better ones. Keeping it slightly cool in the 6-pack, which was in turn inside a double-packed plastic bag, I partake of this fine ale that night the snake crawled out of my couch, and onto my leg (or was I drinking Yuengling in cans at the time? I can’t remember as I was drunk and trying to catch that snake that to this day I pray was not a copperhead). Quality stuff, and I’m happy to say that my local BP station carries it for a mere $7.99 per six pack, as opposed to a dollar more at the Kangeroo station across the street. I am also about to tackle some right after I type this - tally-ho!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tsht (11) - - JUL 28, 2014
Pale ale de 35cL, bon gout de cereales. À réserver aux amateurs de bières plutôt amères. Les 5.6deg. font qu’elle n’est pas très alcoolisée mais elle est cependant puissante.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rxeight (1234) - Illinois, USA - JUL 27, 2014
Bottle. It’s an ok pale ale. I guess it is the original. So it deserves some respect.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
rick_91709 (156) - USA - JUL 27, 2014
Poured from a can. Amber color with a frothy head. Lots of lacing. Floral notes. Much more bitter than I was expecting. Wouldn't buy again. Many better pale ales out there. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
tlind2 (1118) - Helsinki, FINLAND - JUL 26, 2014
Bottle. Amber color, frothy off-white head. Appetizing hoppy aroma with sweet notes. Smooth flavor with a superb balance between sweet caramel, malts and aromatic hops. Medium-full body, medium carbonation. A true classic that I keep coming back to.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Bork (52) - Rockmart, Georgia, USA - JUL 21, 2014
Arguably the first American Pale Ale and still, again arguably, the best. Perfect body, clean and refreshing, with a delicious bitterness throughout

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Soupoftoday (13) - AUSTRALIA - JUL 20, 2014
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2014 One of the better easily available pale ales out there. A nice hop presence that delivers the typical flavours from cascade. Nothing special, but a good value beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
tightslice (159) - Redwood City, California, USA - JUL 19, 2014
Aroma is a little bit stale bread but otherwise a refreshing pale ale with nice bitterness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
micronaut129 (241) - chalfontborotowntonbergville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 16, 2014
Amber in color. With a vigorous pour, produces a nice big head that is dense and slow to fade. Slight haze. Aroma is that of spicy hops with floral undertones. Malt taste is understated and has bready or biscuit taste. Taste is that of floral hops and bready maltiness. Sweet Smooth and well balanced dry finish. A go to pale ale Drink well my friends

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
guitarhero (21) - Dante’s hell, FINLAND - JUL 16, 2014
Very good american pale ale, nice medium soft body, great foam, citric flowery taste with a touch of yeast, clean atertaste

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
libertine (194) - rochester hills, Michigan, USA - JUL 15, 2014
pours a hazy straw yellow with a thick creamy head. aroma is citrus, malt, pine and caramel. flavor Is grapefruit, caramel, resin and white pepper. medium body, medium carbonation. slightly dry progressing into bitter finish. tasty. only positive thoughts on this one.