overall

RATINGS: 795   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48   IBU: 32   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Available only on draft!
This version has slightly less alcohol, bitterness and slightly more color than the bottled version. The hop varieties and malts used are the same.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hotstuff (4397) - Indiana, USA - AUG 15, 2005
At Buffalo Wild Wings in Fort Wayne, IN. Small white head that mostly diminished, fine-small sized bubbles, good lacing, transparent, and a golden hue. Malty, hoppy sweet aroma. Malty, hoppy and some caramel in the flavor. Fairly smooth mouthfee. Medium body.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - AUG 15, 2005
How am I supposed to take up 75 characters just to say that somethingís the same but different? Actually itís the same but, uh, fresher. Itís fresher. Iím going on break! RIP Mitch Hedberg.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Ratman197 (11080) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - AUG 13, 2005
Poured a clear gold with a small white head. Aromas of Light citrus, and carmel. Flavor was bread and carmel with a hint of citrus.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Holdwine (1124) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - AUG 13, 2005
One of my favorite pales. Armed with the knowledge that the draft was a wee bit different, I set out for a taste test. Smells of a hop garden, the beer has a fresher, stronger, maltier mouthfeel. Fresh citrus notes add to the woderful malt/hop interplay. Very nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
21iceman40 (1732) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 13, 2005
I never knew that there was a difference between the tap and bottle versinos of this very average beer. I had this one on tap many times, the last being in NYC at some bar that i dont remember, but i do remeber seeing some dudes get in a fight and get tossed out there. I got alot of floral hops in this one and maybe too many as it was starting to give me a headache. It served its purpose as a good session beer, but thats all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OldMrCrow (2141) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 10, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2006 On tap at the Santa Fe Cafe, Seattle.

The beer pours amber beneath a modest off-white head, the aroma is...Actually, I find it hard to describe the aroma objectively -- this beer is such a familiar icon that I find it extremely difficult to rate as if I were tasting it for the first time.

Anyway, the aroma is lemon, caramel, and hops. The flavor is citrus with warm and even malt notes and a smooth and subdued but adequately bitter finish (interesting about the different draft version - indeed, this is less hoppy and floral than the bottled one).

The palate is nice, adequately carbonated, and easy drinking, right on the money for an American pale ale. The finish is...ah, I give up. This is just a classic American microbrew, and Iím not going to pretend that I can be any more objective than that about this old friend -- one of the first good beers that I got to know intimately.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
puzzl (3257) - New York, New York, USA - AUG 9, 2005
Weak aroma, decent floral flavor. A bit watery for my tastes. Not too impressed here.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - AUG 7, 2005
I just finished a keg of this beer in my kegerator and was surprised to find a separate listng for it on the site. I had noticed the more subdued bitterness than the bottled version but wrote it off as probably a variance in my palate. But alas...now I know why I could taste a difference.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ehhdayton (1188) - USA - AUG 1, 2005
A nice amber color with a nice white head with lacing. A fruity/floral aroma and nice hop taste with a malty balance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Rastacouere (6159) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 28, 2005
Clearish amber, filmy white head sticks to the glass. grapefruity, piney cascade nose, floral with a cracker-like maltiness. very clean, wet finish despite a fairly dry palate. Straight biscuity maltiness with evolving cascade flavors procuring a soft bitterness. light bodied, wet mellow carbonation.