overall

RATINGS: 1543   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 58   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
Ruthless IPA is brewed with this rustic grain for refined flavors – combining the peppery spice of rye and the bright citrusy flavors of whole-cone hops to create a complex ale for the tumultuous transition to Spring.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Benjii (3049) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - APR 5, 2012
Bottle from Nina’s. Pours a beautiful amber colour with a thick beige head. Aroma of rye, pine, caramel and pineapple. A great rye flavour gives way to pineapple and grapefruit hop characters. Nicely bitter with fairly heavy carbonation and a foamy mouth-feel. This is lovely and my favourite abv also : )

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
stefannilssons (1572) - SWEDEN - APR 5, 2012
Det första som slår mig är en spontanjäst doft som inte följs upp i smaken överhuvudtaget. Smaken i sig är skönt balanserade och något svårpreciserad men god. Slutsats: annorlunda, lite märklig men god.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gramoit (381) - AUSTRALIA - APR 5, 2012
UPDATED: APR 11, 2013 2013 edition is not too dissimilar from the 2012 version, however I enjoyed this a little more. Pours amber, with a thin head. Very nice flavour with spiced rye and well balanced sweetness and hop flavour. Very smooth and a very enjoyable beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beerology (27) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - APR 4, 2012
Poured from a bottle. Very nice gold reddish color. You assume it would have a bitter finish but it is nice and has a nice finish. I like it and recommend it with spicy food. ---Rated via Beerology

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rich916 (84) - Rancho Cordova, California, USA - APR 4, 2012
12oz bottle. Pours a hazy amber orange with a large puffy off white head. Good aroma of roasted malt and bread with some floral and pine off the hops. Medium sticky body with good duration.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
funkyunky199 (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 4, 2012 does not count
My first rye beer. I love IPAs and thought I would give it a go. I was not disappointed!

Beermack (725) - London, ENGLAND - APR 4, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 27, 2013 12oz bottle. Pours deep orange/copper with fluffy, patchy head - lasts well with decent lacing. Aroma is a real hop explosion: pine, citrus, orange peel, mango, light floral notes and a very distinct rye aroma - peppery, spicy, and bready. Taste is certainly hop forward with oily tongue-coating pine dominating and orange-peel/tropical notes coming through too; backbone is subtle with the pepper/spice notes of the rye taking a backseat and allowing the hops to do their thing. One of the best rye-based IPAs I’ve had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
wildkatz64 (2) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 3, 2012 does not count
Really surprised with this beer. I usually think of Sierra Nevada as my last resort for a descent beer, but this one I actually purchased a second 6pack. I think I found my next "every day" pale

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
killjoy966 (677) - Washington, USA - APR 2, 2012
I wanted to love this (because I love rye IPAs) but it just didn’t have the body or malt profile that I expected. Rather thin and watery (though bitter and rye-y). Still tasty, just disappointing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Suttree (5881) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 2, 2012
Brown, big frothy head. Smells like coffee, rye toast, and piney hops. Flavor is earthy and messy at first, then lots of piney hops, and a dry, crisp finish. Very tasty. Hopefully in Knoxville soon...