overall

RATINGS: 40   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.65   ABV: -
Brewed with classic natural ingredients for a full smooth flavor.

Odeed's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Odeed (1784) - Bakersfield, California, USA - JUL 3, 2011
Yet another tasty 40 I wish I could get locally.Smooth from beginning to end.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ronaldtheriot (1310) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - JUN 10, 2010
Silver Thunder (not available in Louisiana- I got this on a road trip to New York City) has a thick, white head and a golden, clear appearance. Carbonation is medium to high. The aroma is stinging and semi-sweet, typical for malt liquor. The taste is pleasant with a fruity aspect. This beer has character. Mouth-feel is moderately heavy. Silver Thunder finishes surprisingly crisp and refreshing. I certainly recommend drinking this poured from the can, as the clear bottle may allow for spoilage. Also, I highly recommend drinking this one ice cold. My first one was not particularly cold and wasn’t as good as the second frigid one. Both were served from 16 oz. cans. RJT

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hammsolypabst (12) - Redding, California, USA - JAN 6, 2009
Got this Silver Thunder from my bro Dukesplace who lives in Brooklyn. This is not avalible on the west coast. Very sweet tasting malt, lots of sugar, you can tatse the corn. Brewed by Strohs (a bad beer legend) I very much enjoyed Silver Thunder, this stuff has been around for quite awhile as I own some old 16oz cans (late 80s) very awesomly crappy label.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Nejhleader (1259) - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 3, 2008
not the worst brew, pretty much is rather tasteless, kinda just something to drink.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
PorterPounder (5653) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 31, 2008
Quitman, Ga. - some Simpson-like Quickie Mart - 32 oz clear bottle - twist off cap. Pale golden pour, bubbly white thin head, some lacing. Grainy aroma, some alcohol. Typical grassy, corny flavor with a heavy dose of alcohol. Not as cloyingly sweet as some malt likkahs. Fusel alcohol makes its presence known in the finish, Not throat clenching and hard to finish, Palatable. $1.29 for the quart.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
MrBeerFanatic (881) - Friona, Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2008
I occasionally buy one of these at a local gas station when I’m low on cash and lookin for a nice buzz. It has a somewhat sweet taste that doesn’t balence well, and has a very dingy somewhat metalic aftertaste.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
teknotronik (11) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 15, 2007
If you don’t mind a thin, cheap, light malt beverage this might be one for you. Very popular 40oz malt. Drink 2 of these babies for like $3.00 and you will feel pretty buzzed

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - AUG 14, 2007
From a 40 oz. clear glass bottle, coded freshness date on the shoulder, I did a Google search on Silver Thunder and found two sources for the ABV, one listed it at 5.6% and the other at 5.8%, both feel and taste about right, purchased for $1.09 at a convenience store in Quincy, Illinois. Consumed ice cold. Poured a clear dirty old gold color, fizzy white head that quickly subsides to a fine lacing, pretty typical appearance for the contract brew, cheap malt liquor style. Aromas of boiled sweet corn, cereal grains and light whiffs of manure-like fusel alcohol. Active micro bubbly carbonation, a decent mouthfeel, smooth and medium-light bodied, for a cheap malt liquor, the taste is not that bad, crisp without any overt harshness, sweet corn cereal, grainy, a light lemony, subtle clear alcohol flavor towards the end, I thought the finish was clean, but my girlfriend told me she could smell alcohol on my breath, like I did a shot of vodka. I thought this was an easy gulper, at no time did I feel I had to choke this down, as far as cheapo malt liquors go, not a bad buy for the budget minded.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
PhillyBeerSnob (4) - USA - JAN 28, 2007 does not count
The official drink of Kensington. If you arent from Philly thaen you wouldn’t understand. I know of a shithole bar that sells 40’s of this garbage 3 for $5

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
mansquito (3513) - Nueva York, New York, USA - OCT 29, 2006
I wish I could give negative numbers for aroma, because surely this beer would deserve it. It smells horrible. It is the cheapest malt liquor in the store around where I live. It tastes bad and requires effort to actually drink. After my friends purchased it once I told them to never buy this rubbish again. But hey, it get you drunk and that is good I suppose, but so do things that taste better than this.