Silverstone Pole Position

Brewed by Silverstone
Style: Bitter
Brackley, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.92/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Cask, Regular;
Our most recent beer to be launched is Pole Position. This mid strength, chestnut coloured beer still carries the distinctive flavours of the Silverstone Brewing company range and is proving to be very popular.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BlackHaddock (3183) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - APR 26, 2013
4.2%ABV Bottle conditioned (500ml): bottle number 136, BBD 02/2013, so a bit overdue when opened at home on 26 Apr 2013 and poured into an Abbot Ale glass tankard. It was a gusher: a lesser man would have drain poured it, but I’m a mean twat and wanted my moneys worth: bet my guts will thank me tomorrow! The head filled the tankard, huge great thing: a golden amber body sat on the bottom of the glass and I slowly tried to put liquid in while watching the more and more foam rise out of the bottle neck. Surprisingly the beer was clear and bright but the vinegar fly had got in and I couldn’t bring myself to finish the pint. My scores are therefore coming out as average: if i see this beer again I’ll re-do it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
wheresthepath (1445) - Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - OCT 25, 2011
[Cask at Milton Keynes Beer Festival 2011] Amber, slight off-white head. Caramel, biscuitty malt, some straw, it’s yer average English bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
maeib (8391) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - AUG 15, 2011
Cask conditioned handpump Malt Shovel Northampton. A reddy amber coloured beer with a whitish head and lacing. A sweet fruity aroma with a hint of caramel. Sweet and short in the mouth. A bit of a greasy texture. Needs more body and hops although the sweetness is fine.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
imdownthepub (9622) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - MAY 7, 2011
Cask conditioned at Banbury Beer Fest ’11. Amber to copper with white head. Caramel sweet malts, lots of toffee then a vague fruitiness, a little flabby for me, it could do with something to sharpen it.