overall
Style: Premium Lager
Bangkok, Thailand
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1452   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A premium lager beer brewed from the finest ingredients, Singha is a full-bodied 100% barley malt beer that is distinctively rich in taste with strong hop characters. Brewed with three hops: Saaz, Perle and Hallertau. Editorís Note: Recipe scaled down from 6% to 5% in 2007.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mongkut4 (132) - Florida, USA - JUL 31, 2004
I lived in Thailand for two years and didnít really care for Singha there. (Formaldehyde urban legend?) But here in the US it is my favorite lager. I guess it has something to do with how well it goes with the staple of my diet, Thai and other spicy foods.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Belly Full O Beer (57) - Nova Scotia, CANADA - JUL 27, 2004
Pretty good beer that gets better the more you have. Goes well with Jack Danielís, both as a chaser and mixed. Has skunky finish sometimes, I wonder if the same holds true when purchased in Thailand. Cannot find it in Nova Scotia. Plus how can you not love a beer thatís in a Pogues song?

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
roomtempbeer (185) - Franklin, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 24, 2004
My uncle claims he drank this stuff while stationed in Thailand. He mentioned that he hadnít had any since 1960_something and wondered if they still made it. I bought him a bottle last summer and he saved it to bring it to this yearís family picnic. Golden color, nice enough head, but the taste and smell of all lagers IMO - crappy yellow beer. This just didnít stand up to the remainder of our tasting session consisting of Westmalle Dubbel, Rochefort 6, 8, 10, and St. Bernardus Abt 12.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
WYSIWYG (20) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - JUL 24, 2004
Light yellow colour. Good head initially, but which disappears rapidly. Slightly skunky smell. Fairly bitter, including the aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
garrison (767) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - JUL 23, 2004
From a bottle - Eh, just another bland Asian lager, with a malty mouthfeel. Thereís nothing terrible about it, but nothing great, either.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ruggedman (647) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUL 21, 2004
Slightly skunky smell, but not really in the taste. I did notice a strange similarity to this and other malts (like colt 45). Taste is almost the same. Good taste though i think.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUL 14, 2004
Greek beer sucked. Lets hope Thai beers better. Odor? I have to say a little skunky. Iím not too eager to take my first sip on this one. Huge head out of bottle. Looks like a decent lager. Taste is the next question???? My nostrils didnít lie to me. Skunk beer. A beer for the purpose of having had from this country. Very disappointing. Iím sure some guy in Thailand is having a Stone brew and thinks it sucks too. Well this Thai fellow can keep this weak ass beer. The government could do us all a favor and ban the distribution of this crap. Worse than the greek fix.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sammy (8529) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 30, 2004
Like a draft I had in college only more malty. Pepper lemmongrass licorice spice. No aroma. Bit of foamy soap suds on yellow. Mid-sip notice acidic sour and grainy

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
hopdog (8852) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 23, 2004
Poured a light yellow. Funky skunky aroma with traces of malts. Slight bitter taste but nothing worthy of noting. Other than drinking this with tonightís Thai dinner, I will not seek it out again.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUN 15, 2004
This was not that great. Pours a corn yellow color, with a fastly fading fizzy head. The aroma is full of funky corn flavors that smells like they were scraped off the bottom of the dumpster at the malaysian restaurant I was at. I ordered a Tiger and they brought me swill. Then when I did get the Tiger, the bottle of Singha was still on the table, and the waiter came over and poured Singha into my Tiger, thinking it was the other. So need less to say, this was an odd rating.