overall
Style: Premium Lager
Bangkok, Thailand
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1432   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A premium lager beer brewed from the finest ingredients, Singha is a full-bodied 100% barley malt beer that is distinctively rich in taste with strong hop characters. Brewed with three hops: Saaz, Perle and Hallertau. Editor’s Note: Recipe scaled down from 6% to 5% in 2007.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - APR 28, 2002
Light golden color, very clear, ok quick-dying head. Aroma is in that strange area between what a pils is supposed to smell like and skunkiness. Ever had that experience? Very strong, grainy, but not fresh. Not terrible, just not fresh. Flavor is tolerable, but the more you drink the less you’ll like it. Some hop bite on the back end. Poor, but what did you expect?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Sigmund (4933) - Tau, NORWAY - APR 26, 2002
Another beer I bought just to get one more country rated! Pleasant aroma when you open the bottle, hardly any aroma in the glass. Very light colour. Flavour is not unpleasant, actually there is hardly any flavour at all. Aftertaste? What aftertaste? (Well, I had this beer with a fairly spicy pizza, but still...) With 6% alcohol and little or no taste, it’s probably an OK beer if your intention is to get pissed as fast as possible in the Thailand heat. Down there I guess it will cost you something like 20 cents a bottle - buying it anywhere else is ridiculous.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
argo0 (11317) - Washington DC, USA - APR 25, 2002
I’ll try anything once, but don’t expect me to drink it a second time. This is beer for the American Lager fan, a step up from many of the macros, but just barely.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
dprior (118) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - APR 22, 2002
Just bad. I don’t like Pilsners, and this one is terrible even for that. Smells like Bud and looks like Bud. In the flavor department, I’d take Bud any day of the week and twice on Sunday. This one has sort of a snunk afterbite to it.

0.8
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - APR 22, 2002
This is the second worst beer I have ever had, its similar to a Bud but has some sort of yeasty taste that I absolutly hate. I never like pilsners, but I hate this beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - APR 21, 2002
Yellow, small head. Faint hops, organic, lightly skunked aroma. Sugary, light hop body, dry finish. Not good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 18, 2002
originally I didn’t like this one, but it grows on you quite a bit, after six months in Thailand, I found myself enjoying it quite a bit, and this score probably reflects that.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
NephYliM (16) - FRANCE - APR 18, 2002
You can drink it if you are very thirsty, for example eating spicy food on a hot summer night. Otherwise, choose something else.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
winkle (476) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - APR 14, 2002
Looks alright but is unbalanced and horrible if not cold. I prefer the gold.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
RichardGretton (4220) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 10, 2002
Very light colour, very active beer. Strong hoppy aroma and flavour. A better beer than I was expecting, this was probably due to its adequate chilling.