overall

RATINGS: 287   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   IBU: 39   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
A crisp Blonde Ale. Golden in color, medium in bodyósheís brewed with the help and the honey of Durango ís Honeyville bees.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
obguthr (3454) - Lynchburg, Virginia, USA - JUN 8, 2010
Wow, Iím going way against the grain on this one. The aroma was floral and malty with hibiscus and daffodil notes. Very clear golden, thin head. Fantastic honey and hibiscus flavor with bits of dandelion. Quite possibly my favorite beer from SAVOR.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Johnm24 (8) - Sa, USA - JAN 23, 2011 does not count
It has nice body from the can into a borosilicate glass and a good full flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ronaldtheriot (1106) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - MAY 28, 2013
Ska True Blonde Ale has a thin, white head, a clear, bubbly, yellow-golden appearance, with lots of white chunks suspended throughout, and some lacing left behind. The aroma is of light, sweet, biscuity malt, sugar, and a ghost of honey. Taste is of all that, with underlying honey, faint grain husk, and yeast. Mouthfeel is light, watery, and lager like. Ska True Blonde Ale finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and highly drinkable. Overall, this is very nice, and I score it as being excellent. Try it! RJT

Bludwig (31) - USA - APR 29, 2010
I would like to start with a comment; It blows my mind that a beer which won a bronze medal in the Great American Beer Fest can not garner more than a 29 on this sight. I have had this beer many times but this is my first review and it just boggles my mind. I wish folks would pay more attention to what they are tasting and not what they want to taste when they review their selections. Aroma: This beer threw me for a loop just now and I had to consult my wife on what was going on. After mild deliberation I/we have concluded that on a side by side, this beer could be mistaken for a light and less spicy Midas Touch. Now before everyone freaks out on me let me explain. I just had a Midas so my brain is going there already, but the nose on the True Blonde is very honey laden and slightly white grape/ vinous smelling, two characteristics in common with the Midas. Weird. Kind cool also. The nose is very rich and complex, but Iím not able to place the spice, but itís there. Appearance: I poured the ale vigorously and there was a head to begin with but it faded almost immediately to the thin lace I see before me now. The golden color is exactly what I would like in a blonde ale, but Iím a stickler for head. I really wish more beers were better carbonated. Taste: So the similarities to Midas are gone now. This beer has a solidly malty/honey flavor that drives the first half of the taste. Those flavors linger and fade into a slightly more bready flavor with mild acidity. The beer finished how it smelled with a light fruit flavor and still more hints of honey. Palate: The beginning is an assertively rich feeling blonde ale, but as the beer left my palate, there was some good acidity. What surprised me was the dry finish which was somehow not what I was expecting. Second, third and fourth samplings have reveled an ever more smooth ale. English summer ale indeed. Overall: This unassuming blonde ale does not ask to be a double IPA or even stand in line with such wild and crazy beers as the Midas Touch. What it asks of you is to be enjoyed in the company of others on a warm Colorado day and to refresh while hopefully stimulating the creative juices.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
EtTuCthulhu (900) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - FEB 17, 2013
The color is a light golden color with a white head, and the aroma has hints of yeast and wheat. The taste is quite sweet and slightly salty, and the texture has a thin texture, medium body, average carbonation, and an abrupt finish, which makes the beer quite drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerwhore69 (7) - Northglenn, Colorado, USA - JUN 10, 2009 does not count
Just tried out of the can for the first time. Way better than bottle. All the same staples of the bottle, just ten times smoother.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SSSteve (3667) - - NOV 2, 2011
can. hazy gold with medium, foamy white head. nose has slight tartness to it and a little lime. the flavor is lemon/lime and lightly tart. i taste of little of the honey sweetness too. light to medium bodied. comes out good from the can. a bold blonde indeed. dry with a quick finish. i like this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
elpresidente19 (30) - Colorado, USA - MAY 13, 2010
Aroma- Sweet honey, and bready yeastiness, thereís also a bit of spice hiding behind the sweet malt...but i canít for the life of me put my finger on it. Appearance- clear and clean with a good size white head, which is pleasantly surprising. Taste- O wow, that colorado honey is right up front, but in no way is this an attempt at an artificial honey flavor, its more of the quality honey you would get at a farmers market, not overly sweet. It finishes with some strong bready malt, and that spice comes back...still canít place it... Palate- good palate for the style, crisp and clean, yet rich for a blonde. This was quite good, and iím not usually a blond drinker, but my girlfriend enjoyed it too... Excellent ska brew

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bubbz696 (9) - USA - AUG 13, 2010 does not count
delicious golden ale. Tastes even better out of the can. Extremely sessionable, light and crisp. Hints of honey.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brandon1989 (228) - Euless, Texas, USA - JAN 16, 2014
pours a transparent golden color with a thick fluffy white head that stayed the entire time and left lots of lacing around the glass. the aroma was of sweet malts and some breadiness as well. the taste is similar to the aroma but i did notice that as the beer warmed up the honey became more prominent and really changed the flavor as i drank it. each sip i took the honey flavor came out more and i honestly donít understand all the negative reviews. this is a good beer well worth the try.