overall

RATINGS: 500   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A refreshingly smooth, full-bodied lager, with a subtle touch of all natural honey which creates a slightly sweet finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 17, 2003
Clear golden/orange colour. Thin head. Nose of honey (of course)and hops. Falvour is of honey which makes the beer quite sweet and toasted grain. Finish is slightly bitter but overly fizzy still. I have had many of these in my days and enjoyed the different flavour, that is until I started trying porters, stouts and bocks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 10, 2003
This beer poured orange, not brown, with a fluffy white head. Slightly pleasant honey smell. Taste of honey, but much more sour.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
michaelm18 (118) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 9, 2003
I knew from the beginning it would be a sweet beer but I thought it was actually a little too sweet.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TipsyMcStager (1139) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 5, 2003
I have to say I have a soft spot in my heart for Sleeman. When I was in university we used to drive to the brewery and throw the still-warm kegs in the back of my buddy's pickup, then wave goodbye to John Sleeman. Good times! Back to the beer - probably Sleeman's best of an otherwise average group. Pours a nice copper, head stays suprisingly long. Honey undertones and a bit of a bitter bite. Refreshing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JAN 31, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2003 Lightly bitter and sweet flavour combination. Tends to be fizzy and prickly.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - JAN 27, 2003
Some decent toasted tones and a light hop kick on close save this thing from tasting like corn syrup mush, but I'm not a fan.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 25, 2003
Good, the brewer reminds me of one of my favorite Wisconsin brewers. Stevens Point Brewery. Same attempt not to go macro but definately not micro. They should make a classification for these type of brewerys. Any ways this one has a nice dark copper tone. A little sharp aftertaste awaits you. Patience makes this beer better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
caledonian (367) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 19, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 31, 2005 Nice copper color. Sharp taste. Slightly bitter finish. Reminds me of whisky for some reason.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jpm8920 (152) - Park Ridge, New Jersey, USA - DEC 18, 2002
not as good as J.W. Dundee’s Honey Brown

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
silverbullet (17) - London, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 18, 2002
Looks ambery. Non-remarkable carbonation. Not too much smell. Crisp. More flavour which isn’t a bad thing. Little sourish. Bit of an aftertaste. Nice and bubbly!