overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 52   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Created with pale, malted barley, European hops, and special aromatic hops and a subtle touch of blueberry in the finish. The best selling blueberry ale in America

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 17, 2003
A nice refreshing summer type beer. Taste is dominated by blueberry but the finish is nice and the head is respectable for a fruit beer. Does not have the tart taste that I enjoy from the Belgium fruit beers but still a good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - AUG 6, 2006
Huge blueberry aroma, but thats about all, slight blueberry aftertaste, very watery, easy to chug, but nothing great.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - DEC 29, 2003
Golden amber color with a medium off white head. Nose is sweet with a wiff of blueberry. Flavor is light and sweet again with a hint of blueberry. Finish is lightly acidic with a moderate spicy hop bite. I was suprised, but I rather like this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 14, 2002
This is the best fruity beer I have had next to the lambics. Very true blueberry flavor paired up with a light ale. Reccommended for female friends, or if you want to try something a little different.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BigBastard (668) - L.A., California, USA - SEP 7, 2006
I’ve been on a fruit beer kick lately so I picked this up. If it didn’t say blueberry in the name, I would have thought this was an okay amber. Zero blueberry in aroma or flavor for me, but it was still a smooth, drinkable beer. Lots of malt, semi sweet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Steib (613) - Queen Creek, Arizona, USA - MAY 18, 2003
Good blueberry aroma Suprising flavor almost tasted like real fruit. Thought carbonation was pleasant. I think if it had real fruit, it would be an outstanding beer. Nice job.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 24, 2002

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - MAY 13, 2003
Truly awful swill! Not at all a pleasant mixture of blueberries and ale. Tastes like someone tossed a few blueberry sweet-tarts in an inferior pale ale, shook it up, urinated in it, and then sold it to me. I'd rather drink Skyy Blue.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Blake (396) - Orange, California, USA - MAR 1, 2003
Had from bottle on March 1, 2003
An interesting beer, I picked this one up out of sheer curiosity. How many blueberry ales are there (I'm sure I could search and find out, but this is one of two I know of). The beer poured a hazy yellow (a bit darker than the normal ale) with a normal sized, quickly gone head. The aroma has a strong blueberry scent which is a sweet smell that accentuates the positives in this beer. The beer has a pleasant blueberry flavoring with a slight hint of malt. I'm not a real fan of the fruity beers (other than <a href=ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=1195&FanOfID=5164>Rode Alexander - which to be exact isn't a "fruit beer"). But this one was a pleasant surprise and was easy to drink with a sweet aftertaste. Recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 25, 2002
I only gave it a high mark because I was pleasantly surprised. Fruit beers can really be fake in flavor sometimes. This beer tasted like real blueberries. It was almost peppery.