overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 52   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Created with pale, malted barley, European hops, and special aromatic hops and a subtle touch of blueberry in the finish. The best selling blueberry ale in America

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeaverBrown (245) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 24, 2003
This is a gold clear beer. I could not taste the blueberry in this beer. I felt it had more of a peppery taste and you could tell it was from a bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dwyerpg (4566) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 6, 2006
Well, it smells strongly of blueberries and it tastes like blueberries too, but in the end this is not so tasty. On tap at the Yard House in Anaheim.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
BBB63 (6045) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - SEP 18, 2003
Straw hue with quickly disappearing head, no lace. Aroma is blueberry of course, but also detected some aromatic hops and toasted malts. Flavor is bland with the blueberry tasting coy and the characteristics of the ale too subdued. Minor bitter and acidic finish. Thin-bodied with a watery and fizzy mouthfeel. I've had better blueberry beers (Dark Horse and Back Road), this one is on my pass list.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - AUG 6, 2006
Huge blueberry aroma, but thats about all, slight blueberry aftertaste, very watery, easy to chug, but nothing great.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
666seth (222) - California, USA - JAN 17, 2003
Decent head, pours in hazy amber in color. Didn't like the aroma of Blueberry, didn't like the disturbing taste of blueberries. But thats just me

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
kp (10886) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - DEC 12, 2007
Date: 12/03/2007
Mode: Bottle
Source: Roadtrip

clear amber, fine beige head, bits of lace, the tart blueberr aroma fills the area as soon as you pour the beer, closer inspection revels light caramel malt with a tart grape skin character, light caramel malt flavor, light fruity character appears with a touch of sweetness, lingering tart blueberry finish,

Aroma: 4/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 4/10; Palate: 6/10; Overall: 6/20
Rating: 2/5.0
Drinkability: 5/10
Score: *+/4

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
OldMrCrow (1829) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 18, 2006
From the bottle. Pours clear amber with a moderate head.

I canít understand the generally high ratings that this one has received. I think itís pretty close to awful, but I got to try it in such a nice way that in the general spirit of Motherís "If you donít have anything nice to say...", Iíd rather talk about that than about why I donít like the beer.

<hr>

Thereís this guy who sells fruit down near the beach. Heís always got marvellous fruit thatís he has driven over from the farms on the east side of the state --- the real stuff, strawberries that taste like strawberries instead of the waxy facsimile they sell in supermarkets these days, rainier cherries, peaches that take your breath away, glorious raspberries, the whole deal. Anyway, he and I shoot the bull every time I stop by to see him

The other day I asked how he was doing.

Iím doing great! Iíve got the best job in the world," he answered. "I just sit here in the shade and all day long, smiling women in bikinis bring me money."

"I know the feeling," I lied. "But moneyís nothing. You know youíve got it made when you can get them to bring you beer."

"They do" he answered, and I laughed. "No really, they do..."

So today I stopped by there again, and bought the usual assortment of fruit. He said "Hey...Iíve got something for you. This woman up the hill dropped these by for me today." He pulled out a SLO Brewing Co. Blueberry Ale (not distributed in Washington state, to the best of my knowledge) and handed me one. "Here - try this. I havenít tried it yet, but she swears itís good stuff." So along with my eight apricots, my pint of raspberries, and my pint blueberries, I got to try this beer that Iíd never seen before. Pretty good deal!

<hr>

So thatís the story. As for the beer? Strong blueberry aroma. Flavor of melon, unripe papaya, and a bit of blueberry on top of a rather skunky pale ale. Bitter, metallic finish tinged with melon that does nothing to improve it. Yuck.

But who cares! What a great way to pick up a new beer. Iíll throw it a couple of points on the overall just for that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
after4ever (6129) - Brier, Washington, USA - SEP 29, 2007
12-oz. Got this as something of a gag gift from a GF who brought it back from a road trip. She says "this is disgusting. Try it."
Pours clear lmedium amber with a tall, dense, moussy tan head that falls away quickly to film. Not much lace. Smells like some sort of frozen blueberry syrup concentrate. Hits you as soon as you crack it, much less pour it. Big synthetic vibes off this one. Get your nose in it, and it smells like white sugar and dust, maybe some bubble gum.
Attack is watery and sticky (how did they do that?). Almost flat. Cloying artificial sweetener flavor on top of some caramel and a thick blast of blueberry. Tastes like breakfast cereal. Not much finish. Iím already burping up booberries and Iíve only had one sip. I think itís time this beer got to know my septic tank a little better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
RSRIZZO (1853) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 4, 2007
Had this beer on 2/11/1998. Color is a golden yellow with a haze to it, carbonation and head are low. The aroma is a sweet blueberry scent that reminds me of a blueberry cereal. Taste is the worst part about this beer, it starts with a crisp body and goes down a little sharp. The finish is the worst, leaving you with what I can best describe as a pepper taste, there is no sign of blueberry at all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
SDalkoholic (2146) - Linda Vista, California, USA - JUN 9, 2006
Bottle: Pours a faded copper color with a small fizzy head. A strong aroma of blueberry and background of hay and hop. Flavor has gone flat from extensive shelf life but maintains a grain and hay flavor with artifical blueberry. I couldnt imagine this being that good even if it was from a fresh bottle or keg.