overall

RATINGS: 106   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.67   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Made strong in the fine tradition of making things strong. Built from apples, built to refresh.

camalone (1) - Spokane Valley, Washington, USA - MAR 31, 2015 does not count
I live in Washington, Apple state, and many wonderful cideries. I have tried many and bought this on a whim. Excellent and wish I had bought more. Very hard to find here.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
frankenkitty (1975) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - MAY 6, 2015
Honey/copper colored body, quick head, minimally effervescent. Light, ripe apple aromas with a whiff of alcohol. Rather sweet and sticky apple cider flavor. A little cloying to start, transitioning to grapeskin and a slightly vinous finish. I suppose itís OK as a one-off cider. I bought a 6 pack and Iím deciding to not session it. Feels a bit awkward in my belly and Iím going to have a few glasses of water instead. ~~~~~~ Kenwood Liquors, Oak Lawn, IL.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
saldridge (1) - - APR 14, 2015 does not count
Next time I better use my phone to read a review...thank god it was on sale. Low carbonation, too sweet, no body to it, barely a scent of apple. We have so many cideries around, Iíll stick with them in the future. PS: if you bought it and really donít like it, mix in some IPA

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BierMeHoos (296) - Maryland, USA - MAY 15, 2015
Poured from big 16oz can. Bought from a outdoor stand for a local food truck event, and was moderately impressed. Aroma, appearance, taste and palate all what you would expect from a cider. I would say its typical for the style, but not amazing either. Decent for a random drink.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
ChiTownReviews (1) - - APR 21, 2015 does not count
I am not anti Smith & Forge. I do love the sweetness when I need a break from beer but the side effects are horrible. Every single time I have had a glass I get diarrhea. It lasts as long as I drink the cider. I would not recommend it. The Squirts are not worth it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
tpoppleton (1) - - FEB 23, 2015 does not count
Smith Forge cider seems like a good idea because of the high alcohol content and low(er) price than competitors like Angry Orchard. Honestly I can deal with the lower quality taste and finish. What I canít stand is that this cider reliably gives me the "squirts" while Iím drinking it. Iíve bought it 4 or 5 times now and every time I end up in the bathroom for a large portion of the evening. It only happens with Smith Forge. I guess they thought they could be relaxed about food safety because the alcohol would kill the germs, but apparently some bacteria can survive 6% alcohol. This is the last time I fall into this trap.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
zach8270 (3802) - Henrietta, New York, USA - MAY 15, 2015
(can - 12 oz) Slightly hazy gold pour with a thin white head. Not much in the way of carbonation. Tart apple without a lot of sugar. Flavor is dry and tart. Not a whole lot of sweetness with a dry finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BillKismet (3419) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 22, 2015
Copper bronze body, slight carbonation. Piquant spicy, fruity apple and peach nose. Quite wet and juicy apple body. On the sweet side, as with an apple juice, but not overly sweet. Well balanced overall - a very juicy, sweet style apple juicy cider.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
ectuohy27 (710) - ESTONIA - MAR 25, 2015
Somewhat metallic dull cider with a tangy Jolly Rancher finish. not high-quality but certainly drinkable and in spades. interestingly different chemical feel (more tartness?) relative to the Estonian versions...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Maxbier (655) - Maryland, USA - MAR 22, 2015
Pour from big 16oz can. Golden orange with nigh white head. Aroma of apple cider and white school glue. Taste is okay, not horrific like you would expect from a macro. Taste of apples, Booz, sweet and crisp. If you prefer to get your kicks from inexpensive white wine, you will like this. If you drink this drink it from the can- the aroma is not something to fuss over.