overall

RATINGS: 103   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.66   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Made strong in the fine tradition of making things strong. Built from apples, built to refresh.

JohnGalt1's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
JohnGalt1 (710) - , Idaho, USA - MAR 31, 2014
Pounder cans picked up at the COOP a week or so ago... Getting around to "enjoying" one tonight. Pours a clear dark golden. Nose is like sweet apple juice with no real cider notes.. soooo sweet with no balance.. Flavor tastes the same but with a Baby Aspirin mixed in for the morning headache... Too sweet... Sorority girls should get custom made Koozies. Glad I tried it and am just as happy it is in the rear view mirror. Apple juice concentrate, literally nothing else... Junk drunk juice. I see no real redeeming qualities other than it goes down easy... "Insert Sorority girl joke here".

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
ChiTownReviews (1) - - APR 21, 2015 does not count
I am not anti Smith & Forge. I do love the sweetness when I need a break from beer but the side effects are horrible. Every single time I have had a glass I get diarrhea. It lasts as long as I drink the cider. I would not recommend it. The Squirts are not worth it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
saldridge (1) - - APR 14, 2015 does not count
Next time I better use my phone to read a review...thank god it was on sale. Low carbonation, too sweet, no body to it, barely a scent of apple. We have so many cideries around, Iíll stick with them in the future. PS: if you bought it and really donít like it, mix in some IPA

camalone (1) - Spokane Valley, Washington, USA - MAR 31, 2015 does not count
I live in Washington, Apple state, and many wonderful cideries. I have tried many and bought this on a whim. Excellent and wish I had bought more. Very hard to find here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
ectuohy27 (689) - ESTONIA - MAR 25, 2015
Somewhat metallic dull cider with a tangy Jolly Rancher finish. not high-quality but certainly drinkable and in spades. interestingly different chemical feel (more tartness?) relative to the Estonian versions...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Maxbier (601) - Maryland, USA - MAR 22, 2015
Pour from big 16oz can. Golden orange with nigh white head. Aroma of apple cider and white school glue. Taste is okay, not horrific like you would expect from a macro. Taste of apples, Booz, sweet and crisp. If you prefer to get your kicks from inexpensive white wine, you will like this. If you drink this drink it from the can- the aroma is not something to fuss over.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
tpoppleton (1) - - FEB 23, 2015 does not count
Smith Forge cider seems like a good idea because of the high alcohol content and low(er) price than competitors like Angry Orchard. Honestly I can deal with the lower quality taste and finish. What I canít stand is that this cider reliably gives me the "squirts" while Iím drinking it. Iíve bought it 4 or 5 times now and every time I end up in the bathroom for a large portion of the evening. It only happens with Smith Forge. I guess they thought they could be relaxed about food safety because the alcohol would kill the germs, but apparently some bacteria can survive 6% alcohol. This is the last time I fall into this trap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BillKismet (3412) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 22, 2015
Copper bronze body, slight carbonation. Piquant spicy, fruity apple and peach nose. Quite wet and juicy apple body. On the sweet side, as with an apple juice, but not overly sweet. Well balanced overall - a very juicy, sweet style apple juicy cider.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Emeister84 (1412) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 18, 2015
Aromas of apple cider. Clear copper-orange. A natural sweetness throughout, finishes metallic and cheap. Light bodied, sugary.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GranvilleTim (1759) - Granville, Illinois, USA - FEB 16, 2015
Clear golden pour with a disappearing head. Aroma is jolly rancher apple sticks. Taste is sweet apple cider. Little dry in the finish. Ok tasting. Taste best with fireball cinnamon whiskey mixed in it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
AirForceHops (4076) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 14, 2015
16 oz. can. Orange color with fast dying head that fades to nothing. Aroma is apple juice and a mild Jolly Rancher note. Big fizzy carbonation over the tongue. Another cheaper apple soda ďciderĒ. Nothing off putting but another example of ď you get what you pay forĒ.

Super sweet finish that after 10 oz. I was done with it.