overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Irish Ale
Dublin, Ireland
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1897   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Smithwick’s is Ireland’s number one ale. Its exceptional taste, distinctive colour and purity of ingredients make it unique. Its rich, satisfying taste has earned it five gold medals in the famous Monde Selection Beer Tasting Competition. Smithwick’s is produced using the finest hops and special roasted, malted barley. In 1998 a new enhanced draught product with improved head retention was launched along with redesigned glassware.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
TheGrandMart (1) - Brighton, Michigan, USA - NOV 17, 2004 does not count
Can’t beat this Beer it’s like an old friend, Good head,The aroma was malty with a mild hop bitterness.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DougiePhiTau (99) - USA - APR 10, 2005
thsi i my 100th beer and my birthday so i celebated with this last ngith and i hve more today, it is not priced to bad and a great irsh ale to drink on any occasion

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
stabincabin (1) - Methuen, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 25, 2005 does not count
if i had to make a word for it my word would be scumptulecent. to quote Will Ferrell. It so good off the Tap. Once it hits your lips it is so good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
themattman (1) - Lumberton, Texas, USA - AUG 16, 2007 does not count
Visited Ireland for the first time and fell in love with this beer. Couldn’t get enough of it. Haven’t had it in a bottle... as far as on tap, fresh Ireland, I would rate is as my number 1 beer there.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
derycr99 (2) - wales, - DEC 9, 2001 does not count
Truly the nectar of Gods.Undoubtedly my favourite beer,ALWAYS one to look forward to

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
flavorflan (1) - Phila., Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 16, 2004 does not count
I had this beer in Ireland on St. Patricks day 2 years ago and i have been waiting for it ever since.....thank god it's here.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
kmasson (1) - Forest Park, Illinois, USA - MAR 17, 2004 does not count
I have traveled the World and this is by far the best beer I have tasted. A group of us went to Irland a few years ago and we all fell in love with it. I amways make sure friends bring me back a pew pints when they travel to Ireland. I here it is now in the states but still unable to locate in Chicagoland area.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
bunster1 (1) - USA - AUG 9, 2005 does not count
Best Ale in the world. Bass isn’t even close. It is available in just about every Irish pub and usually where Guiness is served... it is sweeping across the country by storm. The taste is smooth and just the right malty blend.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mynamesjim1199 (6) - - SEP 8, 2001 does not count
Quite probably the best beer I have ever tasted, and even better from the tap.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
gryanusn (1) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 14, 2006 does not count
A darker amber color with an off-white head. Aroma of caramel malt, hops with nutty accents. Flavor follows aroma, currently my favorite pint.