RATINGS: 172   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Jenny Lake Lager is an amber colored Vienna style lager. An authentic German lager yeast strain insures a mild profile. Imported German malts impart a rich, caramel flavor which is balanced with the subtle use of continental hop varieties. The malt forward, slightly sweet profile of Snake River Lager makes it a fine complement to pizzas and red meat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
sfontain (846) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 30, 2006
Pretty, orange color; smallish, mostly fizzy head. Pleasant but weak aroma, with citrus, floral, and bready notes. Tastes of citrus (mainly orange) and breadiness. Medium-thin body; clean.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
krisbierjaeger (844) - dolores, Colorado, USA - NOV 17, 2002
cloudy butterscotch color, phlegmatic head. some residual head clung to the side of my glass like tiny barnacles. this was my hometown brew for years, and from the tap i considered it edgy and brash. now, far from the shadows of the tetons, i finally rate a bottle. the distance has mellowed it a bit--tho perhaps too much ícause thereís also a note of very slight sourness. otherwise: spicy applesauce woody, wheat bread, autumn grasses and drying flowers. easy smooth palate, adequate bitter finish. not as sweet as a great lakes elliot ness. almost a "grand" beer--and thatís not a term we use lightly in the environs of the grand teton.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ontario102 (794) - Boise, Idaho, USA - FEB 20, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2004 RERATE: This beer deserves a much higher rating than I originally gave it (3.5), I had it on tap recently, it was very good, and subsequent bottled brews are really growing on me. It's a simple brew that's very smooth, malty, caramelly, lightly hopped, and quite drinkable, AND one hellova session beer. I am more than pleased, and somewhat impressed with it. It's showing up more and more in my fridge.....

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dredd (739) - Bentleigh, AUSTRALIA - JAN 19, 2014
Now when I look this up and it references this as a Vienna lager it makes sense. Nice slightly caramel aroma, nice malt sweetness and a balanced finish. Good job.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
EdInSaltLake (727) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - SEP 21, 2014
Toast, bread crust malt aroma and flavor. Subtle fruity character. Also some malt sweetness in the flavor. Subtle lager yeast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MarinEvelyn (701) - Wisconsin, USA - JUL 6, 2013
Smells like the veterinary office where I used to take my cat..now sheís in a mass grave behind the building Iím sure. Maybe thatís an earthy smell? Malt. Tastes honestly similar, but a little more subdued. malt, I can see the caramel, earth,

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 8, 2004
Not bad after a couple hours skiing at Snow King. Kind of chewy carmel malty texture.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mbgrayson (638) - Anaconda, Montana, USA - JUL 12, 2015
Pours a clear amber, with a nice white head. Aroma of malts. Taste is of a good lager, with a slightly malty upside. Thumbs up.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bill Becker (582) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - AUG 28, 2014
This one pours from 12oz bottle a medium gold with a large head of foam that shrinks slowly leaving just a few small "islands and some lacing" by the end of the session. This is one pretty beer to look at, for sure. The smell is a nice mix of sweet malt tempered by some citrus hops. Delicate but nice. The taste on first sip has an abundance of sweet malt and grain with a good earthy presence. Further sips in and I get a bit of hoppiness but the malt is king here and..swishing the brew in my mouth, I get a kind of a candy sugar flavour that is very pleasing indeed. Very tasty. The more I sip, the more the graininess and earthyness comes to the forefront and I have to slow down lest the liquid gold in my glass will disappear way too quickly. In other words, this oneís drinkability is really amazing. Iíve had this many times before and I was surprised that I hadnít reviewed it until now. In my book, this is a top notch Lager that yeah, fits the style to which it was placed very nicely. Bottom line: A most excellent in all ways example of the style. I can *only* recommend it! 04-14-2007

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JJClark (551) - Roscoe, Illinois, USA - APR 5, 2008
Bottle. Pours an amber color with a meduim off white head. Aroma of malt, biscuit dough, toffee and citrus. Tastes of caramel, dough, and citrus. Has a hint of hops in the finish.