overall

RATINGS: 158   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A Vienna style Lager with caramel flavor balanced by an earthy German hop aroma. "Smoooooooth!"

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUL 8, 2003
Yes sir, I liked it. I liked it a whole bunch. Color of amber but with a nice hazy brown tint along with a nice, off-white head that was pretty thick and frothy. Smell is lightly hinted but so good and fresh. Had a nice caramel malt and hop presence, it was soft on the nose and very pleasing. Sip, slurp, ahhhh. So good, great medium body feel and tight with flavor. Smooth toasty malt with just the right touch of hop bitterness, but the malt is left to really stand out. Everything comes together so nicely. The finish is a touch sweet, very nicely done. Toasty fresh, robust,and flavorful, packed nicely with a 6% punch. This is one awesome Vienna style beer, one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of drinking. Very drinkable and enjoyable. Highly recommend picking some up if ever in Jackson Hole,Wyoming.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bill Becker (404) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - AUG 28, 2014
This one pours from 12oz bottle a medium gold with a large head of foam that shrinks slowly leaving just a few small "islands and some lacing" by the end of the session. This is one pretty beer to look at, for sure. The smell is a nice mix of sweet malt tempered by some citrus hops. Delicate but nice. The taste on first sip has an abundance of sweet malt and grain with a good earthy presence. Further sips in and I get a bit of hoppiness but the malt is king here and..swishing the brew in my mouth, I get a kind of a candy sugar flavour that is very pleasing indeed. Very tasty. The more I sip, the more the graininess and earthyness comes to the forefront and I have to slow down lest the liquid gold in my glass will disappear way too quickly. In other words, this one’s drinkability is really amazing. I’ve had this many times before and I was surprised that I hadn’t reviewed it until now. In my book, this is a top notch Lager that yeah, fits the style to which it was placed very nicely. Bottom line: A most excellent in all ways example of the style. I can *only* recommend it! 04-14-2007

TAR (2518) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - NOV 24, 2001
God bless the Vienna’s. I just love ’em and can’t get enough of ’em. This has some bock characteristics. Especially in the hops. kind of chewy and a subtle spiciness that makes this beer near perfect. This beer would go well with so many dishes. I just wished more breweries appreciated this style. I know it is a lager, but lagers can be fine. I love this style just like I love Dortmunder’s. Keep up the good work Snake River!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 16, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2003 A 36 oz. rating (I had 3 of these in a row). Bright copper body, moderate carbonation, and velvety white head. Aroma of malt, a hint of apples, and something briny and organic like sea salt. Caramel candy flavor but not overly sweet. A small amount of yeast sediment stewards this delicate brew. Subtle, delicious, and smoother than Sam Perkins. Terrific with a bowl of littleneck steamers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ontario102 (794) - Boise, Idaho, USA - FEB 20, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2004 RERATE: This beer deserves a much higher rating than I originally gave it (3.5), I had it on tap recently, it was very good, and subsequent bottled brews are really growing on me. It's a simple brew that's very smooth, malty, caramelly, lightly hopped, and quite drinkable, AND one hellova session beer. I am more than pleased, and somewhat impressed with it. It's showing up more and more in my fridge.....

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beerona97 (2397) - Washington, USA - MAY 17, 2010
Pours slightly hazy amber/orange with a thick frothy beige head. Aroma of apple, toffee, and bready malts. Taste is full of bready malts, fruit, floral hops and a very mild bitterness. Medium full body, soft carbonation. Very nice, great session beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
billb (244) - Kennesaw, Georgia, USA - JAN 9, 2002
This is a lager?? I’ll be damned. I’m not a lager fan at all, but this has all of the qualities of full bodied, slightly hoppy ale with the smoothness of a lager. Hoppy aroma and a malty start with hints of caramel. The finish is slightly hoppy and very smooth. No head or lace on this bad boy, but who cares. Why can’t all lagers be this good?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mikey (503) - farmington, Utah, USA - SEP 4, 2007
Poured a light amber/orange with a light, small foamy head. The nose was sweet with toasted carmel malt and autumn-fruity hops. The flavor starts with generous amounts of toasted carmel malts and is matched by slightly citric, apple/orange fruity hops. The sweetness of the malt gives way to the bitterness of the hops by the time the finish rolls around. This is one of the hoppier marzens that I’ve tasted. It seems to be a cross between a marzen and a pale ale. A fine, very drinkable lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
JK (4614) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - NOV 8, 2009
UPDATED: APR 1, 2012 Copper color, with a very short lived off white head. Light caramel malt aroma. Malt flavor, some caramel and grain, with lager yeast. Solid. 6/3/7/3/15 Rerate from a fresh bottle. Big malt profile, the caramel is still there. Mild & dry hop aroma. This beer has excellent palate, and this is an outstanding session beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beaz1591 (238) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - AUG 16, 2012
From can. Pours a clear amber color with nice head that quickly dissipates. This is a really smooth beer that has a slight hint of caramel.